Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
381 - 391 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 · (Edited)
The inventor of CERMA guided me in this about five years ago. I had intended to put it on my SuperVT, but alas it never transpired. I have just now gotten to the point of my TGens development to actually do this. It has proven itself.

Here is an abstract :

In practice I have brought the entire engine, and all intake l air in line.

The generator is mounted just above my TB spacer which has two electrodes which are mounted in drilled holes secured with epoxy. The resulting arc between the electrodes bombards all incoming TB boost air with 20,000 volts of negative ions.

The ARC is similiar to the arc of a Police Taser, which is 50,000 volts. Very low amperage so it does not impact the cars CANBUS or battery draw. The draw is less than if you left a MX OBD reader plugged in.

To conceptualize this further for those reading and cluless, think about how any engine or car is improved by improving grounds. From this apparatus the grounding improvement is 24 hrs. even when the engine is off. The entire block becomes saturated with negative ions. Operational, all air is net negative.

This is as great as efficiency can get. This is relative to power development as well as fuel efficiency. Obviously my monster is not made for fuel efficiency. The effect on its already copious power development is unmistakable.

PS, my 100 octane custom mixed MON fuel is about 9 dollars a gallon. So the efficiency improvement is a plus.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
So the car has 53K on it. Just did the slide pins so I had a up close inspection of the original brake pads. They are fine, loads of pad left. Despite this I could'nt help not taking advantage of R1 Concepts 30 % off fathers day special. Bought a big brake kit, saved boat loads. I was gonna wait until I needed brakes but dam 30 % off. Plus with the Biden/lefty Democrat economics inflation bullcrap, prices are just climbing. The value and purchasing power of your dollar is plummeting. No time like now, even if I dont install it right away..

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #384 ·
Brake kit is on, Ceramic all the way around. Did a formal run in and pad seating. Changed the brake fluid over to DOT 4 Motul, bled the system. Man these things are nice. SS lines. Gotta be careful with the brake pedal now !!?? Wipilash,...STOP !

**I will say the oem original pads had at least 2/3'rds of their life left. (I dont use brakes much). My new rotors are so much lighter that the oem 's those things weigh a ton.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·
Sad but true,

Hyundai/KIA (Genesis), is going to plastic manifolds. Muther-puss bucket !!!! Cheap ass crap that will fail 4-5 years into it no matter what.

**I've been looking closely at new vehicles, the Stingers 3.3TT and the new Gens ALL have the plastic crap.
Guess their taking a note from all the German manufacturers. Dam it !

I have a buddy who bought a brand new BMW flagship sedan 2019, it had the turbo I-4CYL they make that makes close to 400 whp. It has all pastic manifolds, including the cooling system. Well less than a year into his ownership he had to put it down at the dealer. Warranty did cover the repair, cracked cooling manifolds. The total cost was over 16,000 $. What a load of ****....................................

Sometimes having an older car is a blessing, our 3.8 GDI Plenums and IM's are solid ass metal. The gaskets are the only thing you can improve,( like I did). Custom made stamped copper. Higher manifold pressures demand it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If they build ‘em like the older BMWs, the manifolds will last forever.

My 20 yo and 23 yo Bimmers still have their original manifolds.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
Yeah but they dont, and they never will again.

If only toyota sill made 2J Z's they are never coming back either.

Like I said, sometimes older is better.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·
Like I could have any more fun with this ride,..................................

YES

I just installed a "Train Horn" system in her,.......................OMG its hilarious.

Pics to follow,..............:cool:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Sad but true,

Hyundai/KIA (Genesis), is going to plastic manifolds. Muther-puss bucket !!!! Cheap ass crap that will fail 4-5 years into it no matter what.

**I've been looking closely at new vehicles, the Stingers 3.3TT and the new Gens ALL have the plastic crap.
Guess their taking a note from all the German manufacturers. Dam it !

I have a buddy who bought a brand new BMW flagship sedan 2019, it had the turbo I-4CYL they make that makes close to 400 whp. It has all pastic manifolds, including the cooling system. Well less than a year into his ownership he had to put it down at the dealer. Warranty did cover the repair, cracked cooling manifolds. The total cost was over 16,000 $. What a load of ****....................................

Sometimes having an older car is a blessing, our 3.8 GDI Plenums and IM's are solid ass metal. The gaskets are the only thing you can improve,( like I did). Custom made stamped copper. Higher manifold pressures demand it.
Now days they cut cost anywhere they can, now that plastics molding became more precise and cheap, plastic manifold is they way do go, but does not allow for too much over stock power.

Granted Sedan plastick IM has more misalignment and casting seams then coupe aluminum. Alot more porting matching on that one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
Boy this forum is a cemetery....................sad.

Hey, I hit my train horn at a group of Amish ladies knitting on their porch. As I did this I noticed a goat I had not seen faint and fall over !!! HA !!

381 - 391 of 391 Posts