Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Did any one experience hesitation during acceleration on 2.0t bk1, like car will accelerate to certain speed and than i keep pushing the pedal further down it wont increase rpm and suddenly car jerk and hesitates and suddenly picks up speed. Like a huge lag. OR i have to let my foot off the pedal and press the pedal again and the car picks up fine until certain speed and than same thing. Happens alot during warm weather. Like it really feels like something gets "stuck" during accel. and it unstuck itself when i let my foot off =\. Cant point my finger on what is causing this. I have new spark plugs. Currently im on Custom stage 1 with intake + Custom IC + exhaust. However the problem was there even when i was stock. Not this bad though.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Manual or automatic?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I had the same problem with the stock turbo.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I remember someone posing that question to BTR and their response was the turbo is just too small.
Problem was gone after going to a 16G and now with the 20G, much smoother acceleration

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I remember someone posing that question to BTR and their response was the turbo is just too small.
Problem was gone after going to a 16G and now with the 20G, much smoother acceleration

That doesn't sound like a solution/resolution. Turbo small shouldnt have this bad of hesitation problem.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Check all your hoses and clamps. I'm running catch cans and was experiencing hesitation under heavy acceleration... turned out to be a loose clamp on the hose going from my cc to the air intake. Once tightened up the hesitation has stopped.

Reactions: Humble1

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I looked into that when I was having the same problem.
It appears that the engine management is trying to keep he boost low at low rpms but the turbo is small and hard to control, it becomes more noticeable with a tune

·
Advenio Pariter
3,967 Posts
The only time I experienced tip-in lag was when I bypassed the coolant to the TB. I have never experienced any sort of lag at speed. I do have my waste gate link adjusted to one turn shorter. Too much it is jerky, but at one turn it seems smooth and holds boost a bit longer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
can some one shed some more light on adjusting waste gate rod. I am a bit noob when it comes to car mechanics, is there a step by step guide on how can this be done.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,967 Posts
Search is your friend. There are a number of write-ups on the waste gate mod. I would recommend one turn only with an automatic. It is a very simple mod. Use search and read-up one what people have done.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,451 Posts
can some one shed some more light on adjusting waste gate rod. I am a bit noob when it comes to car mechanics, is there a step by step guide on how can this be done.
Use two wrenches. One for the nut and you will see on the rod a couple flat spots for another wrench. Just loosen the nut and back it off a turn or two. DO NOT TURN THE ROD. Be sure to tighten the nut up again when done.

·
Premium Member
16,133 Posts

That reasoning doesn't make sense. small turbos are used for better response :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts