Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish I could say I just bought my 2013 GT 3.8 Genesis but.....my wife just bought one. After comparing cars she wanted to trade her 07 Mini Cooper S in on (which we replaced the turbo then timing change tension-er within a month) she picked the 2013 Black GC GT. With my help she made this choice choosing from: Mazda Miata M5, Toyota FRS, Nissan 370z, Subaru BRZ and the 2013 Mini Cooper Coupe. Hands down the GC won. Even though this is the Mrs.'s ride, I get to do all the mods.:D I would like to thank you guys as I spent many hours lurking on your forum gathering info, running numbers and looking at facts. I love all the info y'all share and hope to be able to contribute soon.

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
If a Nissan 370z was a choice I would have chosen that. Was it the price you liked better.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For what you get with the GC yes it was. We were in the $40,000 for the Z compared to the mid 30's for the GC. We have a very large Akita and if I'm not available with my FJ the wife would need to get her to the vet if need be so the back seat was a +. Plus seems like the GC has a little more performance than tahe Z (out right power)

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
So the z was never really an option based on what your needs were.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it was a serious option but to get leather, a back seat, spoiler (which the wife got for free after a couple of hours negotiations) automatic because that is what the wife was used to, the HP, the nav, the big warranty (my wife drives around 8,000 miles a year), 1.44% financing and we paid a "fake invoice" price of around $31,400.

·
xFa
446 Posts
grats, glad you picked a gc, hope that you and her enjoy it as much as we do. ")

·
Registered
95 Posts
Howdy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts