Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new here and also new to Hyundai vehicles as a whole, currently located not too far from Harrisburg, PA. I Have been thinking of picking up a 2010 gen coupe 3.8 base model, a dealer near me has one available but there are some minor concerns, I do have pictures though I am aware of the 10 post limit as well. I did get to test drive it, and I did enjoy the experience for the most part, but was wondering what kind of problems these cars are known for, and what kind of great things come out of these cars (why ya love em). Car is being sold at $19.8k with tax + tags included, 2 prev owners no accidents reported. Only oddball thing really is the prev owner swapped the Hyundai badge off the trunk with an (unknown to me) emblem, and replaced the front grill entirely with another one + new emblem. Based off of alot of pics I have seen, exhaust looks different too then what I have seen stock for all verisons of the car I am familiar with. Any information is greatly appriciated, it is kind of difficult without pics though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, lol. Its an auto base model, looks to have premium package though. I am pretty excited, newest car I potentially may own at this point. I had heard some people with troubles changing the headunit to something different on these.. is this true? Also, really wanting to show you guys some pics lol.. easier to see if the deal is alright.

Ps. Noise? Road noise?

·
Registered
554 Posts
The modifications sounds fairly conservative and normal. A lot of owners switch to the KDM Wing badges and a lot of 2012- owners replace the front grill. As for the exhaust... I'd check for rust and brand just to know what it is but chances are its fine.

Ride is a bit stiff but that's what you get in a sports car and there is some rattling that may take some time to get used to. Some owners are lucky and don't have the rattle, but don't be overly surprised if you do hear something. Look up "waste gate rattle" on the forums and you'll see what I mean.

Otherwise, good luck on your endeavors and hope you join the club :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The modifications sounds fairly conservative and normal. A lot of owners switch to the KDM Wing badges and a lot of 2012- owners replace the front grill. As for the exhaust... I'd check for rust and brand just to know what it is but chances are its fine.

Ride is a bit stiff but that's what you get in a sports car and there is some rattling that may take some time to get used to. Some owners are lucky and don't have the rattle, but don't be overly surprised if you do hear something. Look up "waste gate rattle" on the forums and you'll see what I mean.

Otherwise, good luck on your endeavors and hope you join the club :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This only applied to the new 2.0T not the 3.8 so dont worry about that rattle. The known rattles are usually from some crappy weld somewhere so it creaks. you get used to it after a while, and is not a safety concern.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, i'd like to say the rattles cant be any worse than my 00 mitsu eclipse gt, terrible noises came from that car. I am indeed trying to find out who exactly makes this exhaust, also I did notice it was quite firm when I test drove the car yesterday but it was expected, def had some sort of idea as to what I was getting into. Price you pay for a car that can handle corners with minimal body roll (firm suspension). I guess the only thing I will miss will prob be the heated seats in later models, and the blue illuminated hud on the dash.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Does the exahaust hang really low? What kind of tips? what style muffler? how many tips? If the tips are just chrome/Stianless steel look it is probably the magnaflow.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Something like 00---00 lol.. i didn't actually check for any manu names etched into the tips or anything, they dont push out very far from the body and I do not beleive they hang low at all.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
are the tips blue? if it doesnt hang that low i dont think its the ARK exhaust and if they are not blue if might be the magnaflow.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, dealer just got back to me and it is indeed a magnaflow exhaust system.

magnaflow#642-16507

according to them

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, just went back today and took the car for another tees drive to finalize my decision and payment, also brought someone else along to look over the car to see their opinion. Money was put down, did not leave with the car today like I had hoped, they still have to do emissions? 0_o anyone in or around chambersburg, pa ever use forresters lincoln? Gotta say though, the more I drive it the more I like it.. cant wait till I can open her up a bit more!

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
So, just went back today and took the car for another tees drive to finalize my decision and payment, also brought someone else along to look over the car to see their opinion. Money was put down, did not leave with the car today like I had hoped, they still have to do emissions? 0_o anyone in or around chambersburg, pa ever use forresters lincoln? Gotta say though, the more I drive it the more I like it.. cant wait till I can open her up a bit more!
http://www.GenCoupe.com/mid-atlantic/9967-pennsylvania-peeps-post-here-312.html#post1431924

ByzKing is in Chambersburg.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Well, dealer just got back to me and it is indeed a magnaflow exhaust system.

magnaflow#642-16507

according to them
Hehehe thought so... congrats i love the sounds of those 3.8's

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Same, especially with the Magnaflow exhaust it has. Glad you guys approve, was wanting to get pics up somehow to see what everyone thought about it. Btw, I know those 3.8s to the crank are 306hp yes? With the pwr loss through the auto tranny, what do these usually avg to the wheels?

PS. Heres some non website pics, taken via my cell phone
http://s389.beta.photobucket.com/user/Venomelite/library/New Car 1

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Same, especially with the Magnaflow exhaust it has. Glad you guys approve, was wanting to get pics up somehow to see what everyone thought about it. Btw, I know those 3.8s to the crank are 306hp yes? With the pwr loss through the auto tranny, what do these usually avg to the wheels?

PS. Heres some non website pics, taken via my cell phone
New Car 1 Photos by Venomelite | Photobucket
With an auto i would expect about 250WHP, but hey if you go ahead and give it a little tune you should be close to 300 at the wheels. If you dont plan or do plan on modding, the best gains are from a tune. check out SFR and BTRcc.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts