Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
i just swapped in a Ultimare-racing HF ceramic-primary/secondary cat and dp on my bk1 1 week ago . After i made the installation on a rented garage with a lift i turn on the car to check for leaks, all good , no cell code. Drove 1,5 miles home , no codes , so i left it there for the night. The day after i woke upp a few hours before work to check on the exhaust and make adjustments , saw that the primary cat was not perfectly aligned to the turboexhaust , fixed it, turned on the car and it immidiately trew a p0136 cell code, checked online for possible causes for the code , it said faulty 02sensor or exhaust leak so i liftet the car readjusted the hole exhaust, cleaned the secondary 02 sensor and did an ocular inspection of the cables and it seemed ok so i put all back together turn the car on, no cell , checked with my obd2reader and there was no pending codes so i drove to work. i stoped after 6miles to fill upp the car, no codes so far, as i turn on the car to drive away the cell codes comes on at once. thats where i am today, i dont have a wideband atm, i just ordered it, i have a bung ready on the cat. So for my questions : is p0136 a normal code to get when u swap ur primary cat? and from what i read on this forum , the cell code should come after 200miles or so...so im thinking maybe something is wrong. i would appreciate any help or tips u may have.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! I just tested this , the fuse are ok and the heater on my secondary o2 sensor showed 4,2-4,3 ohm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just read on a DIY post that the secondary o2 sensor should read a maximun of 4.1ohms and mine fluctuated between 4.2-4.3ohms... he got his info from the gen coupe service manual, i dont got the manual so maybe someone could comfirm this, if so then maybe i found my fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to check the ohms all the way back to the ECU. If the ohms are OK at the sensor then there must be a problem in the wiring.

Thanks for info! I will controll the wiring, this will help me out alot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
found in the manual that 4.1 ohms is the maximun the heater should have , mine has 4.3 so im inclined to belive thats where my problem lies, specially since now around 200miles since the installation my code has change from p0136 to p0036 that is the heater. So im ordering a downstream sensor and hopefully that will solve my problem. i will update once i swap sensor.

PS:i still havent got the P0420 after more than 200miles.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts