Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys and girls! I am currently selling my car, and as soon as it sells I'll be swinging by my local hyundai dealership to pick out my Gen Coupe! Looking to pick up a 3.8 R-Spec 6 speed. But in the debate on whether to get the 2.0 or the 3.8... Opinions?!?!?

Also anyone in Katy Tx?

My names Marcial (pronounced Marshall)

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Welcome aboard & the 3.8 R-Spec is an excellent choice if you decide to go that route. There are plenty of threads on what engine to get, so I won't comment on that.

·
Regular User
86 Posts
3.8 if you want it fast right out of the box and 2.0 if you constantly crave upgrades and modifying, and have the cash to back that little hobby up over the long term. Trust me, I LOVED hookin up my WRX but looking back I would've been better off with an STi. Just my 2 cents on that...

You wont be horribly disappointed by the power in the 2.0 because it'll still move your coupe around faster than most of the grocery getters out there but you'll get absolutely outrun by any modern full size truck or SUV.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot for the input guys. The sound of the 3.8 is amazing as well so that plus the faster outta the box is what made my decision.

3.8 it is :) with injen Cai, ARK long headers, and ARK true duals :D

·
Regular User
86 Posts
Yeah man, and just to be honest though, I have nothing against the 2.0 at all, or the guys and girls who drive and mod them in fact I was going for a 2.0 R-Spec when I came into a great deal on my ride instead.

I was even going to keep my 2.0 (if I had gotten one that is) mostly stock, as in no big turbo upgrade or internal mods, and just drive it that way for the most part. Now I'm glad I got the big V6 though because while it isn't good on gas compared to a subcompact it does do pretty well and has a lot of power for the weight of the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha sounds like me, i'm coming from a boosted scion tc at the moment so i would've loved to stay "boosted" but a more care-free driving style is a bit more convenient for me at the moment. i'll eventually go big with the motor and go forced induction but for the first few years i'll just make her look nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts