Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to buy the HID kit from DD and i'm can't decided between 4,300K or 6,000K. Ive seen pictures of both. I know with 6,000K it gives a blue tint and i dont know with my blue car, it would be more noticeable or not. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have the 6000k and I love it. The blue is very very mild and a lot of OEM cars are starting to use above 4300k because of their popularity.

If you're really having a hard time, I'd suggest going to a meet and checking some lights out :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
6000K is more what than blue. I have 6500K's from XenonDeopt and they aren't very blue.
Going to 8000K, you're getting more into blue

·
Registered
556 Posts
6000K is more what than blue. I have 6500K's from XenonDeopt and they aren't very blue.
Going to 8000K, you're getting more into blue
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag I have 6K. I suggest going 6K if you want a nice clean white output and also visibility at night isn't impaired either. I used to have 8K on my previous car and sometimes I hated driving at night with the intense blue output from the HID's. That is just my own opinion.

·
Manitoba GenCoupe
220 Posts
Go 6k man. It's amazing. I love my HID's. Nice and clear and if you do any highway driving it really brightens up the road :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got the 6k from DD, on my blue GC. The lights are very white, not blue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
looks like 6k is the way to go lol. What comes stock on the 10 track model then?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've dealt with other HID kits before, and then I bought one from DD. Definitely a great kit. Whichever color you choose, you made the right choice in going with Diode Dynamics. I always recommend them to friends.

·
www.diodedynamics.com
3,493 Posts
Thanks Steven!

Just FYI, 6000K is by far our mot popular color. 4300K is a true 4300K... pure white that is slightly warm (not blue at all). I always recommend 6000K to anyone who is not sure!

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a quick comparison picture I took last night. I'll take better ones today. I'm very satisfied with getting 6,000 over 4,300. My next project is to get that turn signals and fog lights.

·
Registered
299 Posts
instead of creating a new thread...can anyone give feedback on the two types of ballast offered by DD?

precision slim digital and premium hylux..difference of 60 dollars

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
better quality kits last longer and look better :p
I've had both cheap kits and pricy kits

·
Ex-DSMer
3,611 Posts
jsut buy cheap hid kits from ebay. no reason so buy over priced kits from other sites. just saying. mine worked fine
Apart from supporting vendors, getting a proper warranty, having a phone number where an American picks up if you have a problem, and things of that nature, you're right.

·
Mature Speeder
717 Posts
I only buy from Xenon Supply so I can't speak for XD. I had the 6k's on my Sonata with Phillips bulbs and their premium digital ballast and relay harness.

Unless your installing these in tight spaces like on a motorcycle there's no reason to get the slim ballast, don't waste your money.

I have went HID with many many cars and I will warn you to not go cheap and buy off of Ebay. You'll get some cheap China parts that are hit or miss on quality. They also run cheaper components in their ballasts so the colors are a liitle darker many times. You get a set of 6k's and they look like 8k.

In comparison to my factory HID's in my 2013 GC, the factory HID's are nearly the same color/temp as the 6k's I installed on my Sonata. The factory HID's are probably between 5-6k.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts