Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So both headlights went out at the same time, I've tried 3 different relays 2 are brand new, still no headlights. So I tried jumping pin 30 and 87 on the harness and BAM Light! So if its not the relay, and its not the bulbs or the ballasts, and not a cut wire (because it works when power is jumped) what is the problem?!

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
So both headlights went out at the same time, I've tried 3 different relays 2 are brand new, still no headlights. So I tried jumping pin 30 and 87 on the harness and BAM Light! So if its not the relay, and its not the bulbs or the ballasts, and not a cut wire (because it works when power is jumped) what is the problem?!
You removed the relay and jumped 30-87...............Thus applying 12v battery power to the load. The high load side of the relay is fine.

Either the relay itself is bad, or the control wiring is bad. Get a test light and see if the ground on 85 is good, and you have 12v at 86 when your headlight switch is turned on.

Duro

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You removed the relay and jumped 30-87...............Thus applying 12v battery power to the load. The high load side of the relay is fine.

Either the relay itself is bad, or the control wiring is bad. Get a test light and see if the ground on 85 is good, and you have 12v at 86 when your headlight switch is turned on.

Duro
I will definitely test this outvas soon as i get home, thank you! So if there is an issue with the connection from the car to the first headlight, that would cut the signal to the other headlight as well right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts