Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed higher output Halogen bulbs in the high beams. I live in deer country and would like to see farther down the road.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I put Philips Crystal Vision Ultra in mine. They are whiter but not a lot brighter. Philips does make the H1 in XTreme Power now. I also raised my headlights some. Goes a lot farther down the road. Just make sure you don't go too high and blind other drivers.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
I wouldn't use anything higher than 55w, too much heat could cause headlamp housing issues.

I also live in deer country, I upgraded mine to GE NightHawks and they are VERY bright in comparison to the OEM's.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
PIAA FTW!

That, or a set of rally lights :rofl:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Highbeams

I swapped out OEM's for Luminics.....really like the whiter look and only cost me $22/pair on Amazon(4500K)!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wouldn't use anything higher than 55w, too much heat could cause headlamp housing issues.

I also live in deer country, I upgraded mine to GE NightHawks and they are VERY bright in comparison to the OEM's.
I did not know NightHawks were available in H1. They were not when I got my CrystalVision Ultras. Are the the clear or blue NightHawks? The Philips Xtreme Power, now available in H1 are a clear bulb and that would be my first choice. My real choice would be HID high beams!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
I did not know NightHawks were available in H1. They were not when I got my CrystalVision Ultras. Are the the clear or blue NightHawks? The Philips Xtreme Power, now available in H1 are a clear bulb and that would be my first choice. My real choice would be HID high beams!!!!
They are the clear NightHawks.

HID highbeams arn't really practical. Everytime you pass someone you either have to leave them on and blind them, or flick them off/on and wait for them to warm up again.

·
Registered
174 Posts
[ QUOTE=Snoopy0812;612068]They are the clear NightHawks.

HID highbeams arn't really practical. Everytime you pass someone you either have to leave them on and blind them, or flick them off/on and wait for them to warm up again.[/QUOTE]

I wish they put the bi-functional HID on the Genesis. Camaro and 370Z have them. Just to name a couple.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
I wish they put the bi-functional HID on the Genesis. Camaro and 370Z have them. Just to name a couple.
I meant for people putting HID's into the GC's stock highbeam spot.

Bi-Functional HID's either A) have a motorized plate that changes the angle or beam pattern when Highbeam is selected or B) They have a regular filiment light that engages when highbeams are selected, the filiment produces a different light pattern that's directed over the projector cutoff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts