Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time reader of this community but I bought a 2011 2.0tRSpec about a year ago with 165,000 miles went through some crazy **** with it but now it’s back and running well with a new clutch and rebuilt low mileage engine shifting can be rough makes a lotta noise rattly noises when at a stop without the clutch in with the ac on lol and kinda in general, but I still love the **** out of it do you think it’s worth doing the whole Shbang of mods wheels, Bc coilovers,catback exhaust, reflash etc..

· I'd rather do it myself
20,413 Posts
It's always the body rusting out that makes it not worth it for me. Otherwise parts can be replaced. Part of the 'fun'.

My '08 Accent with 186k miles the clutch finally went out. It's pretty rusty but I'm putting in a new one for under $300. I was quoted $3500 from one of the few local shops that did clutch changes. It's always been the winter car and is pretty rusty but runs great and I can't see through the floor boards yet.

· Registered
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 6MT
75 Posts
I have a 2010 2.0T Track with 165000+ miles that I'm continuing to slowly build up. As much as people say Hyundai does not make good cars...as long as you take care of it and keep up with maintenance, these cars will last. I'm about to get tuned with all those miles on the original engine and trans. If mine is ok, yours should be

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 2010 2.0T Track with 165000+ miles that I'm continuing to slowly build up. As much as people say Hyundai does not make good cars...as long as you take care of it and keep up with maintenance, these cars will last. I'm about to get tuned with all those miles on the original engine and trans. If mine is ok, yours should be
Hell ya boiii

· I'd rather do it myself
20,413 Posts
I did mine at around 95k. It could have gone longer but was already at the point the intake cam was off two teeth without the chain slipping :( I did the oil pump chain and it was not needed. Neither were the guides or tensioner. So basically if the motor is clean from good oil all you need is the timing chain. No need to change the actual pumps either as long as they oil and coolant have been maintained.

The improvement in performance and gas mileage was pretty noticeable.

FWIW the water pump impeller can be changed with the pump in place on the motor. Pretty simple.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Automotive design

· Registered
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track 6MT
75 Posts
I did mine at around 95k. It could have gone longer but was already at the point the intake cam was off two teeth without the chain slipping :( I did the oil pump chain and it was not needed. Neither were the guides or tensioner. So basically if the motor is clean from good oil all you need is the timing chain. No need to change the actual pumps either as long as they oil and coolant have been maintained.

The improvement in performance and gas mileage was pretty noticeable.

FWIW the water pump impeller can be changed with the pump in place on the motor. Pretty simple.

View attachment 79403
Thank you for the info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts