Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 2011 2.0t has 127,000 miles on it. No large mechanical issues on it yet. Just regular maintenance on it and full synthetic oil. I had the wheels aligned at 75,000 miles last year to correct tire irregular wear.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rolled 118k this month.

2011 Genesis coupe 3.8 ZF
-Factory transmission fluids
-Zero modifications short of a CBE

Transmission flares 3-4 from time to time, part to low throttle below 3,500rpm.

Zero issues apart from that.

Extremely impressed with the build quality so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2010 2.0T A/T

86kms mileage - mostly city driving, stuck in traffic

Crankshaft sensor went at 60k
Brake light switch replaced at 80k

Aside from that nothing much else really has gone wrong... *knocks on wood/head*

·
2010 Bathurst Black 2.0T
58 Posts
Just popped 160k on my 2010 2.0t base.

Other than my initial trans replacements when I bought, and some "normal" interior stuff, nothing but regular service!

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
I'm considering getting a BK1 2.0T with just under 100K miles. The only thing holding me back is the mileage. It appears completely stock and well taken care of though.

I think I'm most concerned with the original turbo blowing a seal or something.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
If the price is right and its well maintained i wouldent worry, yes things can and do wear out but that can happen at half that mileage. Within my family fleet own a 96 Honda civic purchaced at 185 K, it currently has 240K with no major repairs, i have a friend with a Saturn SL1 with over 300K still his daily driver, its all how you take care of them.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Haven't been on the forum for a while, so why not update this info:

Senior Member of the Genesis Coupe High Mileage Club

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L V6 Track M/T in Mirabeau Blue (Eva) - Retired
Bought - 25 miles, Retired - 145,000 miles, Total Miles - 145,000 miles

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L V6 Track M/T in Interlagos Yellow (Fei) - Active
Bought - 22,000 miles, Currently - 83,000 miles, Total Miles - 61,000 miles

Total Miles in a Genesis Coupe - 206,000 miles

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
Do you guys feel any sloppiness now that you've gotten to around the 100K mark?

Things like worn bushings, ball joints, maybe the Torsen LSD isn't as tight, etc.

·
Court Jester
4,289 Posts
2013 3.8 track at 142k miles. :)

Mileage will start to slow down as I just retired! :D

·
Court Jester
4,289 Posts

Things like worn bushings, ball joints, maybe the Torsen LSD isn't as tight, etc.
Mine was starting to feel sloppy, but just put on mew OEM struts and it feels like new again!

Now for new tires and a good alignment, and I will be a happy camper! :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am at the 80,000 miles mark on my 2013 3.8 track, 6 speed manual trans. No issues of any type on my vehicle so far. It has never been back to the dealer for anything mechanical to date. All service and maintenance I perform on my own. 7,500 mile oil change intervals with pennzoil platinum synthetic oil.

Everything still feels tight as the day it was new, with the exception of the trans, it shifts much smoother now than when new. I guess you could say it is nicely broken in now :)

I have replaced the front and rear brake pads, (35k front, 75k rear) and I am considering replacing the front brake rotors when I put the next set of pads on. I did flush and fill the brake fluid at the 35,000 mile mark, also did the transmission fluid and differential fluid at that time, and flushed and filled the coolant system.

I am also on my third set of tires now, I had the original BF goodrich which were terrible, replaced then around 25k with michelin pilot sport as/3 which lasted around 30k miles, and replaced them with another set of as/3 at around 60k, looks like later this year I will be purchasing the third set of replacement tires. Probably going to try and find a cheaper type of all season radial that will fit.

Overall, I would have to say Hyundai put this together very well, and it is performing great.

·
Cone Killa
375 Posts
How hard is flushing and bleeding the cooling system on these cars? Mine looks clean but now that I'm over 100K miles I should probably flush the coolant.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,871 Posts
The coolant system is really no different than on any other car. I do a drain and fill and 30k and then at 60k I run cleaner through it with demineralized water for a couple of hundred miles, rinse and then put in fresh fluid. I repeat this at the original intervals. I have never even had a water pump failure to date...knock on wood and I am 57 so I have owned a few cars.

·
Court Jester
4,289 Posts
147k on my 2013 3.8 and going strong....

New rubber on it, new struts on it and it feels like new!

Just came back from Charlotte to Cincy on I 26 & I 40 thru the mountains... no problem at 80/90 in the 55/60 curves!!!

I am so happy with this car!!! :)

Not putting many miles on it now.... as I retired the end of June!!!

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
779 Posts

I'm at the 82,000 mile mark. Not quite 100 K, but just as tight now as the day I bought it new. Second set of brake pads. I went with Autozone ceramics instead of the stock Brembos. Still in the green for more than double the miles of the original Brembo pads. Everything else is untouched except on the third set of tires, and the 20,000 mile steering wheel replacement for peeling. 2012 3.8 Track, auto trans.

No rattles, no leaks, no squeaks. 7500 mile oil changes, Castrol Synth.

·
Registered
644 Posts
About to hit 152k in my 2010 3.8 Track. Nothing replaced aside from the normal wear out components such as tires, brakes, etc. 8-10k oil changes on average. I do need to replace an inner tie rod soon, though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have my 2012 2.0T base bought from new. No major mods and am now at 208, 000 kms. She really has been an excellent daily driver. Nothing major other than the normal wear and tear, tires, brake pads, front struts. I guess it is all in how you take care of them. Stone chips yes, but no rattles or anything. I just wish the paint was a little more durable. Cheers all.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm at the 82,000 mile mark. Not quite 100 K, but just as tight now as the day I bought it new. Second set of brake pads. I went with Autozone ceramics instead of the stock Brembos. Still in the green for more than double the miles of the original Brembo pads. Everything else is untouched except on the third set of tires, and the 20,000 mile steering wheel replacement for peeling. 2012 3.8 Track, auto trans.

No rattles, no leaks, no squeaks. 7500 mile oil changes, Castrol Synth.
I traded mine in at around 100,000 miles, was very tight and smooth still. Never had issues, but was getting tired of sitting so low, and issues twisting leg getting in and out. I now own a new 2017 kia sportage SX which is much more comfortable, but does lack the urgency of the gencoupe :)

81 - 100 of 138 Posts