Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
This thread is very encouraging. Good to see so many high mileage Gennys out there still running strong. Had a 2010 n drove it to about 40k then traded it for my '13 which has about 62k on it now with no major issues thank God. This one's a keeper though so I'll soon be a member of this club. ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got the car at 24k a year ago, and now Im at 50.5k. Alot of highway driving, but the car still runs pretty strong.

·
Registered
644 Posts
The thing that kills vehicles more than anything is a lack of proper maintenance. I drive nearly 1,000 miles per week for work in my 2010 3.8 Track. I am always checking tire pressures, fluid levels, and keeping it clean. How many of you on here actually replace the power steering fluid or brake fluid regularly? Not as many as you'd think. I do around 10,000 mile oil changes with synthetic oil, and keep an eye on how my engine is doing by sending the oil samples off to a lab that looks for any unusual wear or anything of that nature. I've been doing it for a while now and all is going well. The only non-wearout parts (tires/brakes/etc) I have had to replace is an $8 door switch that drops the window down 1/4" when you open the door. Other than that, it has been standard maintenance. At around 150k I finally had to replace an inner tie rod. I'm still on the original clutch, too. No signs of slipping. Though I can't wait to replace it with something better when it finally starts to go.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,871 Posts
94k and it runs like a watch. On another post I could have traded and bought another car but I bought a second 'cello instead.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
779 Posts
I posted this a few weeks ago. I have changed the mileage to reflect today's date.

I have a 2012 3.8 Track with the 6 speed ZF transmission, Bought new in November 2011. Now has 104, 600 miles.

Problem #1- Peeling leather on the steering wheel. Replaced at about 20,000 miles.
Problem #2- #6 cylinder broken rings, at 82, 500 miles. New engine fixed that. Hyundai Powertrain Warranty.
Problem #3- Driver's window regulator trashed at about 84,000 miles. Aftermarket warranty repaired that since past the 60,000 mile Hyundai
warranty. $100 deductible.
Problem #4- Passenger side window regulator trashed at about 95,000 miles. Replaced by aftermarket warranty. $100 deductible
Problem #5- Left front engine mount broke at about 97,000 miles. Powertrain Warranty, Hyundai, replaced.
Problem #6 - 5th new battery at 101,000 miles. I live in Vegas, and the heat here kills batteries in about 2-3 years! My cost.
Problem #7- 2nd set of brake pads. I use Autozone ceramic pads. Better than Brembo originals by a long shot. About 78,000 miles. My cost.
Problem #8-3rd set of new tires and a new serpentine Belt. 101,000 miles. Not really a problem, just for peace of mind.
Problem #9- CD player stopped working at about 82,000 miles. ( I know...wrong order.) Not in the mood to pay about $1300 for a new head
unit, I got a good MP3 player and plugged it into the USB port. Works great and shows all the programs on the readout. And no
more fumbling with the CD player while driving!
Edit: I forgot that at 101,000 miles I spent $1,300 to get the upper rear track control arms on the front suspension replaced. No warranty coverage on that. Both balljoints and the bushings were in sad shape.

My only car and daily driver! I will keep it as long as I can. A great car and runs like a top. Looks as good as the day in 2011 when I drove it off the lot!

Reactions: Justknow

·
Court Jester
4,289 Posts
Up to 198k miles.....

Finally replaced the clutch a few weeks ago.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,871 Posts
Over 130k miles. I "have" to buy another car this Fall so it will be paid off (2+ years) before I retire. There is nothing that I want. I may just keep this as a hobby car. The Veloster N sounds entertaining, but drives the wrong wheels. A Mustang :barf: First-world problem, I guess. I even suggested to my wife going the boring luxury route of a G70.

·
Court Jester
4,289 Posts
Over 130k miles. I "have" to buy another car this Fall so it will be paid off (2+ years) before I retire. There is nothing that I want. I may just keep this as a hobby car. The Veloster N sounds entertaining, but drives the wrong wheels. A Mustang :barf: First-world problem, I guess. I even suggested to my wife going the boring luxury route of a G70.
I had been thinking of moving on from the Genesis, but when I started looking, everything that I wanted was $50k and above.

Not much out there with a manual tranny, some power, looks, not a hatch.....

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
779 Posts
You all make me feel like a lightweight! I just hit 113,000 miles last week on my 2012 3.8 Track. Runs great and still looks like new. I could use another car, but nothing besides maybe a new mid engine Vette floats my boat, and my wife says she'll hurt me really bad if I buy that! LOL!

·
Advenio Pariter
3,871 Posts
According to Car and Driver my income puts me in a 'vette or beemer. Getting close to retirement and we have a med cruise scheduled for the Fall. I hope is it not cancelled. My wife and I are cheap skates which bodes well for us. The only thing annoying is some buzzing from the rear view mirror and I have an exhaust gasket starting to fail. Both small things.

Reactions: -fritz-
101 - 120 of 138 Posts