Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I just recently installed my HKS BOV on the hot side right by my turbo. Everything went well and after I installed it my turbo intake had a higher pitch swoosh noise to it. A couple days have gone by and my check engine light appeared. Not only did my CEL appear but instead of the swoosh noise I normally get on getting a different fluttering noise. More like a wu tu tu tu tu noise if you can imagine. I can feel my performance isnt as fast (from what I hear and see).
I'm curious to why my CEL came on and what that turbo flutter sound it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Use a scanner and check your code first, it could be a vacuum leak. Also wrong engine sub section, and use the search button possibly? The more info you have the more helpful it could be

·
Registered
304 Posts
I meant you could use the search feature here on Gencoupe.com main page. This is the 2013+ engine section, there are plenty of threads on blow off valve routing and issues here

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey so I just recently installed my HKS BOV on the hot side right by my turbo. Everything went well and after I installed it my turbo intake had a higher pitch swoosh noise to it. A couple days have gone by and my check engine light appeared. Not only did my CEL appear but instead of the swoosh noise I normally get on getting a different fluttering noise. More like a wu tu tu tu tu noise if you can imagine. I can feel my performance isnt as fast (from what I hear and see).
I'm curious to why my CEL came on and what that turbo flutter sound it.
The hks bov is known for making a pidgeon style wutututu like you mentioned when it blows off. You can compare the sound on youtube. Check that your code isn't a P0244 or P0233 code at an autozone or oreiley's. If it is, there's a number of small things it could be. I'd start there first though. Also look at your gauges. See what the boost gauge is telling you. I'm more than happy to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts