Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an hks bov and I purchased an adapter plate, but when I put it on, the half circle where the air goes through didn't line up correctly. So I got a lot of turbo flutter and took it off right away.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm not sure what to do at this point

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
Did you look into whether that half circle should be positioned at the top or bottom? I remember reading somewhere there was a specific way to mount it.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
After seeing all these negative things... Im not going with hks when I get my piping lol...Doest seem worth the hassle for a little chirp.

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
That probably isn't flutter. It is most likely the spool sound of your turbo. If you have an intake installed, you can really hear it. I contacted forge directly and they stated to me that the moons don't have to be perfect as long as air can get through. I can't say the same about the HKS. You may want to ask them or someone who has one installed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That probably isn't flutter. It is most likely the spool sound of your turbo. If you have an intake installed, you can really hear it. I contacted forge directly and they stated to me that the moons don't have to be perfect as long as air can get through. I can't say the same about the HKS. You may want to ask them or someone who has one installed.
It's turbo flutter. I have an Injen Sri and I know turbo spool and flutter. It's when I let go of the throttle part of its going through the bov and some of its going back through the turbo.

My sr20det had it before and I found the bov wasn't opening enough

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
After seeing all these negative things... Im not going with hks when I get my piping lol...Doest seem worth the hassle for a little chirp.
Mine took 5 minutes to install and its definatly worth it!
Nothing beats that unique sound that only HKS can deliver.
I've always wanted a turbo car just to get the HKS lol.
People heads snap round every time I drive by its awesome how loud it is!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey AJisdaman, so the HKS is straight bolt on?, no welding or extra piping necessary, cause thats what I want, something that will go right in place of the factory BOV, wouldnt mind the forge BOV but I heard it isnt that loud

·
buy me some race gas!
1,860 Posts
you prob bought one for a 2010-12 model didnt you. they are different.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Hey AJisdaman, so the HKS is straight bolt on?, no welding or extra piping necessary, cause thats what I want, something that will go right in place of the factory BOV, wouldnt mind the forge BOV but I heard it isnt that loud
Dude how many people need to answer your question no hks does not make a direct bolt on. turbo xs is in the process of making one and forge is the only one you could order right now to bolt to stock location. Im unsubbing from this thread use the god bless it search bar. I mean damn

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
you prob bought one for a 2010-12 model didnt you. they are different.
Why would they be different? The flange is exactly the same. They just moved where the BOV is located.

·
buy me some race gas!
1,860 Posts
Why would they be different? The flange is exactly the same. They just moved where the BOV is located.

oh wait....im thinking of sonata. got my cars mixed up.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes it is.

You buy the Universal HKS BOV from their site, then you buy the adapter that was for the 2010-12 models off ebay and its as simple as that.

Fits right in place of your stock one.

Literally took 5 minutes.

There was a post made by me about it awhile ago and GCP was on my post a lot and gave me a lot of info on what I needed to buy and how to install it.

So I guess seach my name for the thread.

Do believe I called it: HKS BOV.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts