Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hks ssqv4 bov
I have a bk2 2.0t. With injen intake and hks bov. When I rev my car there’s no “discharge “ wile not moving. but everything works fine I reach full boost when driving I can hear it spool when getting over 4500 rpm. and I have the purple fin in but I don’t get the “chirp “sound whenever I’m driving and gas on the pedal. Any help would be great. No codes or anything This photo is before my intake and I have no recirculating line.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you have an automatic, BOV won't open while not moving. Like reving while in park or nuetral does nothing. Not sure why you're not hearing it open when driving though.

·
IG: jasonlikedthis
819 Posts
Did you hook up your vacuum back to the original port?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 6 speed rspec.
And yes but I’m using the original hose. Would I need to upgrade the lines to a 3/16 and 3/8 ?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,714 Posts
Make sure there is not a check valve in the short hose before your tee. I would advise putting the tee before the black and white check valve behind the TB.

·
Premium Member
15,285 Posts
This is my setup
It tees off the manifold
if you're in a pinch and want to make things simpler, you can disconnect the green/white check valve and plug it into the green side nipple on the manifold.

With how it seems like you want to plumb it, that check valve/vacuum tank/ bov solenoid isn't doing much of anything anyways.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey man were you able to fix it?? Im having problems with mine too
No I bought a new bov and re did the vacuum hoses but now I’m getting to different codes and still have idling issues. Maybe a compression check but honestly I don’t know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LOL, you wont blow off until you go into boost on the BK2. You can rev the piss out of it until redline in neutral and nothing. The BK1 can blow off while just reving. My guess is it has to to something with the Electronic wastegate. Your HKS is working fine. It will not blow off unless you go into boost.

·
Registered
114 Posts
LOL, you wont blow off until you go into boost on the BK2. You can rev the piss out of it until redline in neutral and nothing. The BK1 can blow off while just reving. My guess is it has to to something with the Electronic wastegate. Your HKS is working fine. It will not blow off unless you go into boost.
Im not sure about that. Mine works as soon as i let off gas but since im tuned. Making the pssh pshh even after a fresh start is no problem i think?.. So maybe stock it doesnt? I would think that even positive vacuum although not boost. Would still set it off, But i cant back that up. Maybe someone else can.

I have read that allot of people have had issues with the HKS and had to get a upgraded solenoid. the MAC solenoid found here KDM Tuners was in my car at purchase. Some cars just dont like the bypass method from what i can see but I could be wrong.

Thats 1 part of my car that has had no issues since day 1 lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im not sure about that. Mine works as soon as i let off gas but since im tuned. Making the pssh pshh even after a fresh start is no problem i think?.. So maybe stock it doesnt? I would think that even positive vacuum although not boost. Would still set it off, But i cant back that up. Maybe someone else can.

I have read that allot of people have had issues with the HKS and had to get a upgraded solenoid. the MAC solenoid found here KDM Tuners was in my car at purchase. Some cars just dont like the bypass method from what i can see but I could be wrong.

Sounds like your tune Running an aftermarket turbo. I’ve tried 4 different BOV and rev the

Do you have a BK1 or BK2?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have tried 4 different types of BOV on my BK2. I’m stock if it matters. No matter how much you rev In neutral it will not Blow off. You have to go into boost. I’m pretty sure it has to do something with the EWG. The BK1 will blow of like crazy in neutral when revving .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts