Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i want to purchase a BOV kit for my car but i cant decide between HKS or Synapse! I originally wanted the HKS but have been reading that the Synapse is much better! what do you guys think?

·
The SFGenKid
782 Posts
synapse +1

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Synapse sounds like a bus/semi braking..

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
The Synapse unit in terms of functionality is superior to the HKS unit. However, the HKS unit is good enough to get the job done. With that said, if you feel that you have the freedom to spend a little extra, then go for the Synapse setup.

Pm me for a deal on either bov kit. :)

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
Synapse unit is more responsive and acts quickly enough to run off the ECU, enabling you to retain full system safeties from the ECU.

So, yeah, Synapse +1!

·
Vendor
4,589 Posts
Go with whichever one you like better.

In terms of function you can argue all day but the matter of fact is that both will get the job done and in a reliable manner as well.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Synapse unit is more responsive and acts quickly enough to run off the ECU, enabling you to retain full system safeties from the ECU.

So, yeah, Synapse +1!
I have my HKS running off the ECU and its working just fine, either choice is a good one really. Just go for the one that sounds the best. (FYI: the HKS can sound different depending on the insert being used)

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
eh, I suppose it depends on the car. I helped tune another 2.0T with the HKS and got compressor surge using it. Even worse with the Tial.

with the HKS you've got a diaphragm that will eventually fatigue; the Synchronic has been stress tested for literally million plus cycles of activation with no fatigued components, it's a piston valve with no consumable parts.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Synapse is the superior bov by design but as mentioned theyll both get the job done. Ill be installing my synapse bov once I get my evo 9 kit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK so I've been reading and i came across a little problem with the synapse BOV the valve design allows air to bypass turbo during light load cruising for increased mileage (less load on engine)
But this means that unfiltered air will be entering! That is if you are venting to atmosphere!
To those who have the Synapse BOV is it recirculated? Or vented out?

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
the Synapse BOV, if it's run off the ECU on the Coupe, will not open unless commanded to by the computer. mine is vented to atmosphere, with thousands of miles I've never had it sit open at idle or pull anything into the engine.

·
Other Ride: Delivers GC's
85 Posts
Synapse, I have one sitting in my closet waiting for spring!! Its up to too as mentioned above both get the job done, but I went with Synapse, also purchased from [email protected]&M, Amazing service.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
I have a Tial For sale cheap if you want that? :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
with the synapse bov, what if your ECU is not in stock settings (reflash) will it still control the BOV like it shows in the video?

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
yep. that video is my car running on a very custom PowerAXEL flash. whatever flash or CMD tune you run, your system still controls the BOV the exactly same way.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Synapse for sure. It's so awesome that QM totally has an uncontrollable urge to send one to me for free when hell freezes over, a guy can dream...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts