Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NOU!
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i lost count how many times this happened (less than 10 for sure) but a good example would be....

going on freeway ~75 take exit ramp
as i brake, i disengage gear to neutral
instead of my rpm hanging & dropping like it always has, just climbs up as if i'm on the gas when in reality i'm on the brakes..
^ actually happened twice?3 times?

but today i was feeling iffy so i was driving ~55 *speed limit of street i was on is 55* and i dont see my speed dropping.. so i disengage 5th gear to neutral & what do you know.. my rpm gauge shows it revving up to 3-3500 & i can hear it underload and i'm not on the gas..

everytime this happened i just turn off the car waited about 5 seconds then restarted & its working as if nothing happened...

what could be cause? & has it happened to anyone else?

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts

·
NOU!
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
ty good sir *tried search never saw that post..*

but will do i'm gonna take a look at it tomorrow
Surprisingly, there is only one thread that covers it. (not 10k like an aftermarket exhaust lol)

I took my intake manifold and throttle off, cleaned both. and it did nothing.

But at least they're clean now :D

·
NOU!
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surprisingly, there is only one thread that covers it. (not 10k like an aftermarket exhaust lol)

I took my intake manifold and throttle off, cleaned both. and it did nothing.

But at least they're clean now :D
well as i was reading through that thread *after reading first page* figured i'd try to clean throttle body but.. after reading your post saying it iddnt help... well fml guess its time to play disassemble & reassemble etc etc -_-

·
GT30Rspec
1,364 Posts
It does hang high.. I get this real bad at the drag strip...as I come past the finish line.. I am at the top of 4th gear @high 6K rpm range.. I instantly mash the clutch in shift to N and apply a lot of breaking power..The rpm's will stay at say ~7k for a second or 3... motor unloaded.. do not like it at all...
my story anyway..

·
genesis owner
24 Posts
was a solution to this ever found? i am having the same issue... my engine is revving up when im not on the gas... like a lot. definetly not normal

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,611 Posts
You can temporarily plug the hose that goes to the steel line behind the engine that ends up at the pre turbo intake to see it it improves.

Only applies to the manual transmission cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts