Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone can help. I think I have a hood alignment issue. The driver's side gap between the hood and the bumper/fender is bigger than the passenger side. Anyone else has this issue? Has anyone taken it back to the dealer for this problem? Are they willing to fix it under the warranty? thanks in advance.

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
It's an easy fix. Just open the hood and where ur headlights bolt in, u'll see a rubber nipple sticking out. Just twist it until ur hood lines up perfectly to ur liking.

·
@CausingChaos
67 Posts
What spool said doesn't work at all. I had the same alignment issue and I took my car back to the dealer to get it fixed. They couldn't fix it no matter what. I looked at 4 other GC's on the lot and 3 of the 4 had the same problem. It's an issue from the factory. You can push on your hood to get it to go down and match the passenger side and you'll see that it doesn't line up with the side fender.

Just suck it up as one of those things that you notice every day but no one else will.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Twisting the little nipple under the hood will not fix this as Concept said. If you do this fix you will notice that your hood will start to flapping mildly while going over 100km. It's annoying.

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
I fixed mine by adjusting the nipple and no my hood doesn't flap at high speeds after the fix. Hence y I suggested he try the nipple approach.

·
Señor Member
979 Posts
I have the same issue and Ive been told theres no solution, if anyone can shine a light on this nipple pinching technique and whether or not it actually works and how I do it, it would be awesome :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah seems like the best solution is twisting the rubber nipple and adjusting it. It fixes the cosmetic problem but it is annoying as **** watching it wobble up and down at high speeds. Another issue with this method is the alignment of the hood with the fenders.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I did the nipple adjustment (LOL) and it worked perfectly. My hood looks much better and no more rattling!!! GenCoupe.com for the win!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts