Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you patch a wire from the positive of the headlights to the drl positive wire? That way they would work with headlights on as well! I have seen and read the other threads hacking the relays. Wouldn't it be simpler connect the two? Is there any issues with doing it that way?

·
...+.....+...+..+.++
858 Posts
Should work fine. Pink wire on the headlight is the +12v. the LED's only draw 1 amp of current.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Read somewhere that genesis is ground switch. Meaning when you turn something on it is activating the ground signal not the positive signal. I am going to get into it this weekend. When i find out what works i will let everyone know.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ok well my 2013 genesis coupe is positive signal switched. Just to clear this up. Meaning when you turn a switch to activate something it is activating the positive wire.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I am done and it turned out better than I could expect. My DRL are on even when parking brake is engaged. Also on when hi or lo headlights are on even fogs.If you do this you are doing it at you own discretion. So far i have not seen any ill effects. I wired them to the yellow running lights. Some people call them parking lights as well. I took headlights off car, with a test light I found which wire was the positive wire for the running lights. Then found which wire was the positive wire for the DRL. Once I found them I joined them by tapping into each wire and that's it. Tapped into the wire right behind the plug. Was so much easier than hacking fuse box with new relay.

Now when I unlock the car only the yellow lights blink because there are two filaments in the bulb. Which is perfect, I was worried the DRL would blink as well. Which would be cool but worried about the led with short burst of power. I am not including any pics of plugs or wires SORRY.That is up to you to figure it out. Truly was very easy all you need is a cheap test light. I will include pics of lights later can't do it from my iPad.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Could you patch a wire from the positive of the headlights to the drl positive wire? That way they would work with headlights on as well! I have seen and read the other threads hacking the relays. Wouldn't it be simpler connect the two? Is there any issues with doing it that way?
well... I am not sure where you hooked them up to, or from, if you just added a jumper, or if you cut the stock wiring... or if you have factory DRL's or if you added them... Where exactly to you put this new wire? It should work ok, but I would put a meter on there and make sure no current is flowing though your new wire when the head lights are off, and the DRL's are on.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
well... I am not sure where you hooked them up to, or from, if you just added a jumper, or if you cut the stock wiring... or if you have factory DRL's or if you added them... Where exactly to you put this new wire? It should work ok, but I would put a meter on there and make sure no current is flowing though your new wire when the head lights are off, and the DRL's are on.
Bumping up an oldish thread. I did the same thing, t-tapped a 14g wire from the LED harness to the Parking light. The odd thing I found was that after I tapped the driver side, both LED's will come on with the yellow/orange parking lights. However, the passenger side parking light will not come on with the switch on Auto. I tapped the passeneger side as well but no go :\

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
Bloop Bloop: I never use auto so I'm interested. Pics!!

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
Bumping up an oldish thread. I did the same thing, t-tapped a 14g wire from the LED harness to the Parking light. The odd thing I found was that after I tapped the driver side, both LED's will come on with the yellow/orange parking lights. However, the passenger side parking light will not come on with the switch on Auto. I tapped the passeneger side as well but no go :\
Coming soon :gc-Popcorn_Smiley_b

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
Shout out to Bloop Bloop for this!!! Exactly like he said it was and literally took all of 2 minutes to do!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Looks good J Long!
and disregard my last post about one side not working, it was just a loose t-tap rofl.

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
Yea you told me in that PM. Now with the DRL and the parking lights disabled, makes me really want halos now...

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
To give you guys an idea of how bright the DRL's are...

Sorry for the massive picture, I took it off Carlosagarcia's facebook xD. They gave me plenty of crap about me not being able to turn them off hahah

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
The 1st night I had them on I was thinking the same thing lol These are hella bright! But I've been assured that they aren't blinding or anything. I did the exact same as you did, and I can turn mine off? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Well, they'll be on whenever your parking lights are on haha. For the picture above they were like "parking lights only!" and i was like "er...sorry guise :b"

1 - 20 of 70 Posts