Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Yes it's rear wheel drive
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a fourm for all the people from Houston (and surrounding area) TX

any one down for a cruise

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Sure, but someone will have to give me a lift (I'll pay gas or food). I think right now we have somewhere between 3 to 5 Houston area members, ourselves included. This is also including a member from College Station who owns a Yellow 3.8 Track. Our biggest member concentration is in the DFW are currently.

What I want to know is who owns the black track model and, I believe, works at some location near FM 1960 and Highway 290 as the car is always packed in the packing lot there in front of the Academy/Staples.

Bill

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know alot are in DFW. When I owned my GTO we had a huge Houston club we did everything together I hope to do the same with this car like a cruise, car shows, and meet and greets, we even did parades.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
At one point there was talks of a cross country ralley or cruise or something like that, which the sites main mod/admin was already planning, but that is about a year or so away (got to let people get the car and tweak it first). As for local meets, I think it would be awesome to start meeting someplace once a month or something. The other guys have mentioned it to, but we only had like 2 or 3 people at the time so it was kinda put on the back burner. You got any places you use to frequent with the GTO group?

Bill

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At one point there was talks of a cross country ralley or cruise or something like that, which the sites main mod/admin was already planning, but that is about a year or so away (got to let people get the car and tweak it first). As for local meets, I think it would be awesome to start meeting someplace once a month or something. The other guys have mentioned it to, but we only had like 2 or 3 people at the time so it was kinda put on the back burner. You got any places you use to frequent with the GTO group?

Bill
Yes. We always would go to the niffty fiftys meet in the Spring area on sat. nights, we also met alot at the khema meet in the target parking lot on Fri nights, we also had a yearly meet called goatfest in Fredricksburg TX it was a two day event full of fun. the last Goatfest had over 200 GTO's. Who eles here is from the houston area?

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I'm in Houston, I'm considering buying a Gen Coupe in a few months. Right now I'm driving a run down 01 Z28.
No worries. It's about the love for the car. Just, don't drool too much lol.

(says the guy who is waiting for his on order...)

Bill

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Houston, I'm considering buying a Gen Coupe in a few months. Right now I'm driving a run down 01 Z28.
I can relate I went from a GTO 5.7 cammed and many goodies to the Genesis and I'm very happy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can relate I went from a GTO 5.7 cammed and many goodies to the Genesis and I'm very happy
I love my current car's power, but it is just getting WAY too unreliable to DD. Depending on how much I can get for the Camaro, I may keep it around for a weekend toy.

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love my current car's power, but it is just getting WAY too unreliable to DD. Depending on how much I can get for the Camaro, I may keep it around for a weekend toy.
That works too

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
I picked up a Yellow 3.8 Track about 3 weeks ago. I live in the Baytown area. :)
Congrats. I am over on that side of the world typically once a week for my job. Usually focus around I-10 and Beltway 8. You on the Houston side or Texas Line side of Baytown?

Bill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats. I am over on that side of the world typically once a week for my job. Usually focus around I-10 and Beltway 8. You on the Houston side or Texas Line side of Baytown?

Bill
I just got a speeding ticket close to I-10 and the Beltway last week. :mad:

But I actually do most of my traveling on 225, to and from work.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm silverstone 2.0T Premium in Houston. Had my car for about month now

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have seen many more on the road just no one on here.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
We need to try to get a small meet for the Houston area. Anyone interested? Anyone got a local place that would be centered for all parties considering some are in Cypress, while others are in Baytown, etc.?

Bill

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm down for the meets... how about somewhere along westheimer?

1 - 20 of 136 Posts