Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering purchasing a used 2015 ultimate but it has fairly new Blizzaks on the stock 19 rims.

How well will this drive on dry pavement? How many miles can i expect to get out of them?

I test drove car and could feel some slight rumbling like you would expect but they seemed to grip fairly good on the dry pavement.

Edit: Any thoughts on what i might be able to get for them if i tired to sell them?

One more thing do you all think fair price for the car is affected by having winter tires installed vs another car with new all seasons installed?

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
They last like, 5 miles, dude. Don't do it. Save them for real snow. They are ULTRA fun in snow, btw. In their job as a snow and ice tire they're awesome, but dry pavement eats them alive. And they're pretty crappy in the wet, too. Unfortunately they simply aren't a well rounded tire choice. Do you live somewhere with guaranteed frozen snow conditions for a reasonable length of time?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Live in Indiana so we see snow but I don't have to drive this car much when it snows.

I think I may have to negotiate more off for having to buy new UHP all seasons.

·
Registered
77 Posts
They work good on COLD (below 35f) pavement, but get slick on warm roads.
I left my Blizzaks on during a trip to AL last winter (70 on x-mass day), pulling through 2nd gear the back end started going sideways once the rev's got over 5k (3.8 Track)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Blizzacks are around $1k new. If yours are are really good condition, you might be able to close to half the cost of new.

ominousone

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think you might be getting some bad advice here.

Of course, a hard surface will wear a tire more than a surface covered in ice and snow, but the temperature is an important factor. The wear you experience with Blizzak snow tires is related as much to the ambient air temperature as to the road condition. When the weather is warm, the tire’s compound is soft and susceptible to excessive wear. Cold weather hardens the tire’s compound making it more resistant to wear.

With this said, you do not want to get caught with summer-performance tires on your car after the first snow. I swap the tires even when the temperature is up if I see snow coming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts