Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LakerLand
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is John, currently driver a BMW E90 335. Well as a lot of you may know, there are a couple of issues with those cars, HFPP being the biggest.

Well i lemoned my BMW couldn't take the break squeek anymore, dealer couldn't fix the sensors touching the rotor.

Im wondering how hard is it to LEMON this car, if i have any issues with it. There are obviously a couple of issues out there with this car, biggest being the transmission. Mine will be a 6MT.

With BMW i didnt even had to get a lawyer, i just called BMWNA, and got a hold of the regional manager, and done deal.

Also my BMW only had 1 HFPP replaced, mostly being the brake issues, which the car went in twice for.

So im wondering if any of you had any experience with the LEMON law in California. Please share, and also if it was easy to do or a hassle.

Thanks for all your time. Looking forward to a new GENcoupe :hello:

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
So far no one that we know locally has lemoned the car. But I'm sure you can with enough issues you come across.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
I've had nothing but five-star treatment from Puente Hills Hyundai on warranty work (including a replaced tranny for 5th gear grind) and my car is even highly modified :D

·
LakerLand
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had nothing but five-star treatment from Puente Hills Hyundai on warranty work (including a replaced tranny for 5th gear grind) and my car is even highly modified :D
thats good news. im hoping the customer service would be top notch.

im also in socal 818 area. so the biggest dealer is Keys on Van Nuys :)

or Thousand Oaks auto mall..

·
Registered
464 Posts
the lemon law is the same for every car lin Cali. But by the time you get yours, the transmission problems should be worked out.

Take care of the car and it should take care of you...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
always keep the repair receipt, keep bring it back to dealership for any repair, drive it until the warranty is almost up , than get a lawyer to write a letter to BMW USA, you could pretty much get 90% of paid price back in cash.:)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I believe each state is different. In Cali I believe its 3 repairs for the same failure w/in 18k miles.

One thing to keep in mind, ANY time you take your car to the dealer, GET A REPAIR ORDER OPENED UP!!!! This is your paper trail.

·
LakerLand
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply. My concern was is with this car.

With my BMW i already had them refund me the full amount i paid for the car and all the payments made, so thats not a problem.

I just hope i wont have any problems with this transmission issue, because i do want a manual.

Thanks for all your inputs, greatly appreciated.

Im turning in my 335 by the end of the week. so hopefully i can jump in a gencoupe soon enough.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Super easy method to LEMON any car.

1)Buy lemons
2)Chop and fling lemons at car.
3)???
4)Profit.

·
vr-4 convert
80 Posts
north county hyundai (carlsbad,ca) may be the #1 genesis seller but their customer service is PISS POOR all the way to the GENERAL MANAGER. ive had my 2nd gear grind which has gotten worse and upon my last visit the service advisor noticed it but the mechanics didnt. (lazy much?) and they couldnt do anything about it since they didnt have a similar car to "test" it. BULLSHIT 100%. And surprisingly I havent received a rate your experience questionnaire which I will delightfully mark all ZEROS or ONE.

North County Hyundai | Carlsbad Hyundai - San Diego Hyundai - Escondido Hyundai - San Clemente dealer

scumbags who work in a nice area.

-anyone from that dealership reading this, be happy to fwd it to your bosses.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
north county hyundai (carlsbad,ca) may be the #1 genesis seller but their customer service is PISS POOR all the way to the GENERAL MANAGER. ive had my 2nd gear grind which has gotten worse and upon my last visit the service advisor noticed it but the mechanics didnt. (lazy much?) and they couldnt do anything about it since they didnt have a similar car to "test" it. BULLSHIT 100%. And surprisingly I havent received a rate your experience questionnaire which I will delightfully mark all ZEROS or ONE.

North County Hyundai | Carlsbad Hyundai - San Diego Hyundai - Escondido Hyundai - San Clemente dealer

scumbags who work in a nice area.

-anyone from that dealership reading this, be happy to fwd it to your bosses.
Word.

When teh 2.0T came out. Carlsbad was the 1 and only Hyundai with the 2.0T track model. I was trying to do purchase over the phone with them. I've done it before when I worked at the dealerships. I was doing an over the phone sale with them and then they became rude after everything and negotiating. Then they wanted me to come instead after a full 2 hourphone call. Ass hats. Never recommend anyone ever going their.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts