Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Lurking here to get some info on the Genesis,, How strong is the motor, Rods, What can they take. How easy is it to get to 300 WHP( there on my Speed3).

Just overall how well is this car made. I drove one but want to here it from you guys: the owners).. I'm looking at a 2.0T version and trading my Speed3.

thank you for any and all info.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also just read some things,.about using EVO turbo's, They bolt on or is a must to get a mani? Hell My EVO 8 made 375 AWHP on the stock turbo and bolt ons.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
BR Stage 3 will get you to 300whp pretty easily. I'm at 303/290 now with some minor tuning glitches. Once I get that stuff hammered out I'm pretty confident in running 320whp and 320wtq. The 2.0T with 300+whp and 320ft/lbs @ 3000rpm is an absolute blast to drive.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
The engine internals are not forged, so with proper tuning 350-375whp may be all you want to try on stock motor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BR Stage 3 will get you to 300whp pretty easily. I'm at 303/290 now with some minor tuning glitches. Once I get that stuff hammered out I'm pretty confident in running 320whp and 320wtq. The 2.0T with 300+whp and 320ft/lbs @ 3000rpm is an absolute blast to drive.
Thanx man, But are you fully bolted also, And what are you tuning with Cobb AP?? Really the BNR STG 3 is 300WHP. So the 2.0t is pretty stout?? The Mazda 2.3'sd RODS sux... My only issue with going BT on it,, Is the motor a Mitsu block?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
No Cobb for us unfortunately and they don't have any plans on getting into the GC market :(. I'm using combination of CMD and a PowerX reflash. All parts I have are listed in my "Garage" on the left, below my name. Basically tbe, fmic, intake, injectors, upgraded stock turbo (65mm wheel), cmd & wb2.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx agian,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it can not be that small. All tho I have no clue what a 13T is equal to, t25?? or Smaller, KO3.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
how come ppl say 250whp is the limit on stock turbo?
Because it is...:confused: Unless you want to cook your pistons, the OEM turbo is way out of his efficiency range past that....

To achieve 250WHP on the stocker, you need to push it near ~20 PSI then have it taper down to ~14PSi near redline.
IF you try to keep the PSI up to redline(to achieve higher HP), say good bye to your engine, since the turbo will be completely out of his efficiency range.

The inducer and exducers(sp?) are very small on the OEM. The thing spools crazy fast(~20psi is achievable by ~2700RPM), it gives you gobs of Tq down low, but HP wise it's not the best option out there....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok WOW that really sux, So I guess I'm looking at the 3.8 now, I could not go from a 291WHP 308 WTRQ( Mustang Dyno) Speed3( Stock turbo ported) at 20 PSI to a car that can not go past 250WHP with out upgrading the turbo.. :( UG..

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
it can not be that small. All tho I have no clue what a 13T is equal to, t25?? or Smaller, KO3.
Oh yes it can...Unfortunately for us...

I found a couple compress maps for you if you want...

Imageshack - 13tcompressormapsn2.jpg

Here's a TD04-13T compressor map in M^3/Sec which is about ~0.18-0.185 from what I can extrapolate, which translates to ~385-395CFM

http://www.stealth316.com/images/td04-13g-cfm.gif

Here's TD04-13G map in CFM showing ~360 CFM @ 2.0 press. ratio.

http://www.stealth316.com/images/td04-13g-raw.gif

Then this "Raw" td04-13G map in M^3/S (~1.7) @ 2.0 Pressure ratio, just to give a good comparison.

So from that we can safely assume that the 13T in the GC flows about 385-395CFM max Which unfortunately, is kinda very low.

EDIT:Fixed the Links.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
Ok WOW that really sux, So I guess I'm looking at the 3.8 now, I could not go from a 291WHP 308 WTRQ( Mustang Dyno) Speed3( Stock turbo ported) at 20 PSI to a car that can not go past 250WHP with out upgrading the turbo.. :( UG..
Even though you want the 3.8L, mind that stock on a mustang dyno, they pull about 240WHP...Again not close to your 300WHP mark.

And with all the available bolt-ons and available tune, it could reach the 300WHP, but again going that route will still cost you way more than upgrading the Stock turbo on the 2.0T, if you include initial cost of the car + mods. But again it all depends on the extent of the mods you're willing to do to the car.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Subscribed. This is an excellent discussion with gobs of information already.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Even though you want the 3.8L, mind that stock on a mustang dyno, they pull about 240WHP...Again not close to your 300WHP mark.

And with all the available bolt-ons and available tune, it could reach the 300WHP, but again going that route will still cost you way more than upgrading the Stock turbo on the 2.0T, if you include initial cost of the car + mods. But again it all depends on the extent of the mods you're willing to do to the car.
X2.

The V6 dynos are showing anywhere from 230-270whp stock on Dynojets. Seems to be a huge variance. With only 3500 in performance parts and an ecu not letting me hit full throttle, I made a good bit more power than a lightly modded V6 from 2500rpm to redline.

Breaking 300whp on the V6 will most likely also require a retune and full bolt ons, for a total of almost $2500-$3000 in parts. You should be able to get close to 300whp but breaking it won't be garaunteed. If you want to break 300whp for sure with the V6 you'll need all those parts and some cams as well. IMHO the 2.0T is still the best option for up to 350-400whp.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Man I love turbos... What are your educated thoughts on 400/500 whp?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
400-500whp will be a close call on cost IMO as both cars will need new internals. The V6 has more potential for a wider powerband once the numbers start climbing though. The little 2.0T just can't flow enough at low rpms to spin up a really big turbo. There is a 2.4 and 2.5 stroker kit coming out soon for the 2.0T which should help with that... The main hiccup for boosted V6's though is tuning. There just aren't many "easy" options as it's still fairly uncharted territory. Twin turbo V6 making 450-500 would be as good as sex but you're probably looking at >=$15K on top of purchase price to do it right.

·
Registered
388 Posts
What's the estimated cost of the 2.4/2.5 stroker kits? Will they be DD'able. I haven't heard if these kits and am extremely interested in this information. Will the stroker kits reduce RPM maximimum?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Stroker kit!!! how do these bits of info seem to keep getting by me! when..where...how lemme know!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts