Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone reading this, Thank you for taking valuable time out of your day and reading this. I hope you are all doing well under this pandemic. Now for the reason why I am posting this:

So I am planning on buying an 8-speed automatic 2016 3.8L Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-spec, I spent the whole past two weeks figuring out a part list to see what I want to do to it when I get the car. I have done a bunch of research and posting on the forums so hopefully its a good list. Also please note this is my first car, and first vehicle I am going to mod, so sorry If im a little dumb when it comes to these types of things.

So before I show the list, is the 2016 model worth it? Or do you recommend a different trim/year? Also is it worth to have my dad teach me manual for this car or just stick with 8-speed automatic?

Here's the list in order of what I want to do:

1. Coilovers: Stance XR1 Coilovers Genesis Coupe 2010+

2. Tires: Pilot® Super Sport

Front: 255/40ZR18 (95Y)

Rear: 265/40ZR18 (97Y)

3. Wheels: RPF1 | Enkei Wheels

Front: 18x8.5

Rear: 18x9

4. Exhaust: Ajun 3.8 Racing Exhaust genesis coupe

5. Intake: BK2 3.8 True CAI

6. Hood Vents: .Hood Vents (v1.2), importshark.com (Carbonfiber)

7. Bodykit: M&S Carart Hyper-G Bodykit Type A Genesis Coupe 2013 - 2016 : GCtuner, Hyundai Genesis Coupe Performance Parts & Accessories
I love how the front looks on this, if you suggest just getting a grill and front bumper/lips please let me know or if you suggest a better bodykit I would appreciate it.

Some background info:
I currently own a ford f-150 and I am planning on selling it to get this R-Spec. I am planning on using this car for daily driving,and just for speed and performance. I live in Texas near Houston so its mostly just straight roads that lead to highways/interstates. However, there is some curvy isolated roads every now and then. Also, please let me know what yall think about this list and if you suggest a different part or a part im missing please let me know in the comments and a reason why. I would love to hear the feedback as this is not only my first car but my first sports car. Also please let me know if you suggest a different year/trim and if i should do 8-speed automatic or manual(mentioned this up above).

I appreciate y'all taking the time to help me out and reading this. Have a great rest of your day and thank you again to everyone reading this and everyone helping me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hello to everyone reading this, Thank you for taking valuable time out of your day and reading this. I hope you are all doing well under this pandemic. Now for the reason why I am posting this:

So I am planning on buying an 8-speed automatic 2016 3.8L Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-spec, I spent the whole past two weeks figuring out a part list to see what I want to do to it when I get the car. I have done a bunch of research and posting on the forums so hopefully its a good list. Also please note this is my first car, and first vehicle I am going to mod, so sorry If im a little dumb when it comes to these types of things.

So before I show the list, is the 2016 model worth it? Or do you recommend a different trim/year? Also is it worth to have my dad teach me manual for this car or just stick with 8-speed automatic?

Here's the list in order of what I want to do:

1. Coilovers: Stance XR1 Coilovers Genesis Coupe 2010+

2. Tires: Pilot Super Sport

Front: 255/40ZR18 (95Y)

Rear: 265/40ZR18 (97Y)

3. Wheels: RPF1 | Enkei Wheels

Front: 18x8.5

Rear: 18x9

4. Exhaust: Ajun 3.8 Racing Exhaust genesis coupe

5. Intake: BK2 3.8 True CAI

6. Hood Vents: .Hood Vents (v1.2), importshark.com (Carbonfiber)

7. Bodykit: M&S Carart Hyper-G Bodykit Type A Genesis Coupe 2013 - 2016 : GCtuner, Hyundai Genesis Coupe Performance Parts & Accessories
I love how the front looks on this, if you suggest just getting a grill and front bumper/lips please let me know or if you suggest a better bodykit I would appreciate it.

Some background info:
I currently own a ford f-150 and I am planning on selling it to get this R-Spec. I am planning on using this car for daily driving,and just for speed and performance. I live in Texas near Houston so its mostly just straight roads that lead to highways/interstates. However, there is some curvy isolated roads every now and then. Also, please let me know what yall think about this list and if you suggest a different part or a part im missing please let me know in the comments and a reason why. I would love to hear the feedback as this is not only my first car but my first sports car. Also please let me know if you suggest a different year/trim and if i should do 8-speed automatic or manual(mentioned this up above).

I appreciate y'all taking the time to help me out and reading this. Have a great rest of your day and thank you again to everyone reading this and everyone helping me.
Everything sounds great. Don't forget the most important thing and that's the tune "Alphaspeed".
I love your enthusiasm and wish you all the best.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything sounds great. Don't forget the most important thing and that's the tune "Alphaspeed".
I love your enthusiasm and wish you all the best.

Thank you! I am guessing by the "alphaspeed" you meant this?
OR am I reading too far in?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yup that's it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
3point8performance is one of the dealers, let me know what city /state you are at and I can give you a local dealer.

A gril and Ebay lip makes front end look really good, I would rather spend money on performance: IM riser and ported throttle body, posibly ported manifolds and most definitely a tune and and h pipe or test pipes.
Here's a better pick of front end. Yes fogs have lite tint (but not DRLs), otherwise they look cheesy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
R spec does not come with 8spd auto, you need to look for Ultimate for that (if you want also brembo, LSD rear...)
Manual vs auto - depends what you want and where you live. Bissy trafic - auto, if looking to throw turbo - 6 Spd( can handle more power). But 6spd cant be rushed and needs better fluid and aftermarket bushings to shift right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3point8performance is one of the dealers, let me know what city /state you are at and I can give you a local dealer.

A gril and Ebay lip makes front end look really good, I would rather spend money on performance: IM riser and ported throttle body, posibly ported manifolds and most definitely a tune and and h pipe or test pipes.
Here's a better pick of front end. Yes fogs have lite tint (but not DRLs), otherwise they look cheesy.

I live in Montgomery Texas, it’s near Woodlands,Conroe, Spring and Houston Texas. And I was planning on getting the body kit mostly to change how the front looks. And out if those items you suggested which would be better first?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
R spec does not come with 8spd auto, you need to look for Ultimate for that (if you want also brembo, LSD rear...)
Manual vs auto - depends what you want and where you live. Bissy trafic - auto, if looking to throw turbo - 6 Spd( can handle more power). But 6spd cant be rushed and needs better fluid and aftermarket bushings to shift right.

Traffic isn’t busy busy but it can be and down the line I was looking at possibly getting turbo, and I sweat when I was doing research it said R-Sped 8 speed, most of been looking at the ultimate. Speaking of that which trim do you recommend overall? Or do you recommend a different year?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Look up Alphaspeed Central Texas on FB

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Tunning relly helps out once you have bunch of boltons on, especially if you have 6 spd and able to stay at higher power band. Revlimiter raised from 6.7k to 7.2k - no more bogging down during shifts and power is flat to 7.2k.

Auto - cant raise limiter with ECU tune, bit SFR might be able to tune TCU to get thsoe shifts changed.

All boltons (aside from headers) and ported parts plus Alphaspeed custom 93 Oct tune vs Type-r with larger intercooler and stage 1.1 tune kpro.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tunning relly helps out once you have bunch of boltons on, especially if you have 6 spd and able to stay at higher power band. Revlimiter raised from 6.7k to 7.2k - no more bogging down during shifts and power is flat to 7.2k.

Auto - cant raise limiter with ECU tune, bit SFR might be able to tune TCU to get thsoe shifts changed.

All boltons (aside from headers) and ported parts plus Alphaspeed custom 93 Oct tune vs Type-r with larger intercooler and stage 1.1 tune kpro.

So manual might be the best idea in terms of getting better/future speeds?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
When both moded and tuned, manual is faster. Auto is faster stock.
Being marginally faster might not be important .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When both moded and tuned, manual is faster. Auto is faster stock.
Being marginally faster might not be important .

Fair point, when looking at the car in terms of years is 2016 model and their trims better than anyother model? Or is this the best bang for buck?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Is this for a good deal? Autotrader - page unavailable
Only problem I see is the driver left side mirror
Yes, great price expialy if you can talk it down to 12,600.
Mirror can be found used.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, great price expialy if you can talk it down to 12,600.
Mirror can be found used.

Well Could I ask them to fix it maybe aswell?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
They will be looking at $500 for new part. You can talk them down for a price of new and get nice used one and swap it out in 5 minutes or less.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts