Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If so, mileage when purchased, general price, warranties, options,etc.

2010 GC 3.8 auto. 27839 mi. $20k. CPO. bluetooth, usb jack, 4 oil changes.

I'm guessing there isn't many of us yet.

Jim

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
That's a substantial amount of miles for a 1 year old model. You may want to look into the brake condition as they are fairly costly to replace at the dealership, but that is one incredible deal for a CPO. You've saved nearly $11,000 over new.

·
your doing it you'reself
1,036 Posts
2010 GC 3.8 auto. 27839 mi. $20k. CPO.
You've saved nearly $11,000 over new.
Don't think OP mentioned if his car was base, GT or track. If base, that's not really a good deal and is more like only $4000 over new.

I've been looking at used GCs locally and on ebay and I would say that the difference between a great deal new and a pre-owned car is not significantly different.

·
Meet Organizer
1,399 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the car!

my guess is that the OP's car is a 3.8 base. Bluetooth + USB jack is standard, so why that's a "plus" is beyond me? OP is probably just confused, or maybe the stealer swindled him into thinking they were optional extras? The 4 oil changes are worth roughly $120-140 at stealership prices.

In my area (NY), there are two 2.0T Premium 5AT w/ 27k miles for ~$18.1k. So a 3.8 base (assuming that's the correct trim level) for $20k is an ok price, with a $2k differential b/w 2.0 and 3.8 cars. But this is better news for new owners b/c the resale value of the car ($26,200 or so for a new one) appears to be holding up.

My judgment: mediocre deal. Hopefully the dealer didn't jack up the price for more "options" like the leather seats and paddle shifters.

Best of luck with the car, and welcome again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wish it were like that up here. From what I have found these cars are holding their values pretty well. Consider after discounts mine was $28 000, I am seeing prices for other 3.8 models with 25 000km's starting around $26 500. And its the winter time, can't imagine what it would be like in the summer and my car would have low miles.

Though, I wouldn't sell. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
2010 3.8 GT manual w/ Navigation - 44xxx KM
Manufactured fall 2009
$24900
+
Protection Package (I shouldn't have got it)
$11xx
--
After Taxes and fees
Just under $30k CAD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, now I am feeling pretty good.

I walked in after talking with internet sales with a CapitalOne blank check. I paid an extra grand to have them CPO the GC until 100K and then the finance manager checked their financing, got me 0.5% lesser APR rate and and extended warranty to 100K to boot.

Then this week, I got a notice from Keffer Hyundai that used cars get one years free maintenance. Now, I'm not worrying about the 30K service so much.

Jim

·
Yes it's rear wheel drive
335 Posts
Our car are holding great value. I traded my car for 18,500 (dealership) with 14K miles. It was a 2.0T Prem. It is the best trade in I have ever had.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts