Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched and couldn't find the answer I'm looking for.

I'm looking at picking up a new car in the next few months, and I'm debating between a new 3.8 RSpec or a new WRX sedan. I called the insurance company for a quote, and they quoted me for $1368 for 6 months for the WRX, and only $1149.50 for the Genesis. The quote from the Genesis seemed to good to be true, but I just wanted to see if that sounds about right.

BTW if it matters I'm 21, clean record.

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
2.0T R-spec, 25, terrible record, USAA, $412/6mo. It actually went up once I hit 25 too.:dunno:

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
You're only paying $412 total for 6 months? how does that work??
Every month they say, "Hey, you owe us 1/6th of your six month premium," and then I pay it.

Seriously though, I don't know. First car I've ever insured. Every other car I had insured under my dad with me being the driver. USAA gives me discounts for crap like vehicle type, length of membership, payment history, military service, etc.

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
under 80 a month and im 23

i also have renters insurance and a nissan frontier on that policy for under 80
been in the military helps out in every single way!

·
barely turns a wrench
509 Posts
wtf.....21 year old male...

1 speeding ticket. 45 in 30

240 A MONTH

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

·
barely turns a wrench
509 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched and couldn't find the answer I'm looking for.

I'm looking at picking up a new car in the next few months, and I'm debating between a new 3.8 RSpec or a new WRX sedan. I called the insurance company for a quote, and they quoted me for $1368 for 6 months for the WRX, and only $1149.50 for the Genesis. The quote from the Genesis seemed to good to be true, but I just wanted to see if that sounds about right.

BTW if it matters I'm 21, clean record.
sounds about right

what company, in northwestern PA i found geico to be the cheapest out of the top largest companies

·
Registered
146 Posts
im in canada, but this is what the insurance explained to me when i insured mine. the insurance is cheaper than a mazda 3 or honda civic! so i asked why, and i got told that there were no statistics of a ( 21 male) getting in accidents or speeding tickets with a gen, so until they get more statistics i get a basic charge.....where as a mazda three, my insurance has a list that says i will speed and get in crashes with one!

How true the above is I have NO idea, however this is what they told me, so straight from the horses mouth

·
Registered
83 Posts
3.8 Grand Touring

$550/6 Months full coverage (USAA)

Old guy, no tickets :cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Out of curiosity what do you guys mean by "full" coverage? Do you just mean liability + comprehensive + collision? If so, what are the deductibles you're looking at? Changing your deductible can have a huge effect on your rate...

As for me I'm paying about $625 per 6 mo. through Progressive ($100/$1000 deductibles for comprehensive/collision). I'm 29 with only one minor speeding ticket in the past 3 years.

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
Out of curiosity what do you guys mean by "full" coverage? Do you just mean liability + comprehensive + collision? If so, what are the deductibles you're looking at? Changing your deductible can have a huge effect on your rate...

As for me I'm paying about $625 per 6 mo. through Progressive ($100/$1000 deductibles for comprehensive/collision). I'm 29 with only one minor speeding ticket in the past 3 years.
My "full coverage" covers bodily injury/property liability, uninsured/underinsured motorists, and comprehensive/collision. $500/deductible for comprehensive & collision. Didn't opt for crap like towing & labor(have AAA), personal injury protection, or rental reimbursement. Accident forgiveness is free.

1 - 20 of 405 Posts