Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear and I’m about to change my tires. But unfortunately there no stocks for the front. I’m currently running 225/45 on the front but I’m planning to change it to 245/40 but the stocks for this size would arrive only next month. I would be buying the rear tires first, my rear would be 265/35, I need this replaced right away for safety purposes. Is a set-up of 225 front and 265 rear too much? Or will it be okay just for the moment up until the 245s arrive.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It’s not based on tire size, it’s based on diameter initially. Ideally you want the front slightly smaller than the rear, but within 3% circumference measurement. Width doesn’t matter as it doesn’t screw with the TC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, will 225 and 265 set-up mess withthe TC? Or will it be fine for the time being?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s not based on tire size, it’s based on diameter initially. Ideally you want the front slightly smaller than the rear, but within 3% circumference measurement. Width doesn’t matter as it doesn’t screw with the TC.
So, will 225 and 265 set-up mess withthe TC? Or will it be fine for the time being?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not all tires are the same. If the circumference is within 3%, and the fronts are still smaller, you’re good. But you have to do the math.

I suppose it’s possible to get away with a fitment that’s outside the range as long as you disable the TC every time you drive the car, but I have no experience with that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear and I’m about to change my tires. But unfortunately there no stocks for the front. I’m currently running 225/45 on the front but I’m planning to change it to 245/40 but the stocks for this size would arrive only next month. I would be buying the rear tires first, my rear would be 265/35, I need this replaced right away for safety purposes. Is a set-up of 225 front and 265 rear too much? Or will it be okay just for the moment up until the 245s arrive.
I put 225/50/18 in front for a smoother ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts