Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm comming up to my first oil change and was wondering how many litres of oil I am going to need. I'm going to switch over to Mobil 1 and there is a sale on it at my local parts store.

·
Registered
478 Posts
6 and a filter form the dealer.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool...thanks for the quick reply.

So basically a big bottle and 2 small ones.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
Not sure if the amount is different in the 3.8.

But in my 2.0, the manual said something like 5.5, and at 4.2 it was completely full.

So now everytime I get the oil changed, I have to tell them how much to put in, because their system will tell them 5.5 which is overfill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
While on the topic, is mobil 1 oil the best oil for the 3.8 that you can purchase at a local store? What about Royal Purple and so on? Just curious

·
Banned
720 Posts
Personally I am a huge fan of synthetic, and will put nothing but Amsoil in my cars going forward. As far as local store purchase? I would use Castrol European formula as it is actual 100% synthetic.

FYI... Royal Purple, from what I have read on other postings in the forum, is not good for our cars. Mobil 1 is good, but even though they say 100% synthetic it is in a different class than Amsoil or Castrol European. It's class rating has some dino juice in it, high quality dino juice, but not a true synthetic. Something about US classifications gives them a loophole to call it 100% synthetic. In the end it's probably splitting hairs. I used to use Mobil 1 in everything and loved it, just get a good deal on Amsoil so I started using it and love it even more.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think it's funny how people claim all these results about which oil is better and blah blah blah. But the real truth is you can run comparable brands of synthetic against eachother, and 99% of the time you will not notice a difference. It's amazing what advertising does these days.

I have run just about everything in a variety of sports cars and always got the same result. So unless you're running your car at 4500+rpm for prolonged periods of time, the results will most likely be the same.

·
Banned
720 Posts
As I said in my thread "In the end it's probably splitting hairs."

But I like how Amsoil makes my car feel, even if it is a placebo effect. I have no issue with the cost of it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've just always used Mobil 1 in any of my vehicles. If it is good enough to be OEM for Corvette as well as for other high end car companies now...it's good enough for me.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Which oil filter is recommend? OEM or name brand? If name brand what is the brand and part number?

thx....

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Wow...no one even bothered saying :gc-Smiley-UseSearch or have you even looked in the owners manual???

And you will most likely use just over 5 Qrts.

·
Banned
720 Posts
There is a WIX filter as well, don't know the model off the top of my head, but if you search you will find it.

*Happy GrayGen? :rofl:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I dump in (1) 5 quart container of Pennzoil Ultra each time and it puts me in the middle to upper end of the range on the dipstick.

I wouldn't bother w/ the .5 quart personally.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
There is a WIX filter as well, don't know the model off the top of my head, but if you search you will find it.

*Happy GrayGen? :rofl:
Yes :rofl:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts