Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
I love you Geni.
21 Posts
Fantastic write up! Now I must decide which gauges to use......I like DEFI but are a bit deeper....Eh I'll figure it out. Thanks again for this!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I think that may be too large, but not sure.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
It was a DNS issue. I just fixed it, should come back within a few hours or sooner.

·
Me Boostah
117 Posts
dumb question, if i remove my OEM boost gauge and replace it with the AEM one, is there any other wiring involved? or is it just a direct RE&RE?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Perfect images and guide to help me install my prosport evo gauges.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sub'd, those look awesome. I need.

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
FYI anyone wanting to tap into the factory oil temp location for the oil temp gauge there is a special fitting you can buy that will screw right in. It is a tough one to do but it can be done and nice to have a reading where the factory sensor is. Just make sure you get a solid brass one so that it won't crack from vibration.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,674 Posts
I would not do it that way because you are taking the sensors out of the oil flow.

From what I have seen the OEM sensor will read higher than the actual oil temp going to the bearings unless the motor is idling and the oil temp becomes stabilized. I would insulate that brass tee to minimize any heat loss though if it is done this way.

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
I would not do it that way because you are taking the sensors out of the oil flow.

From what I have seen the OEM sensor will read higher than the actual oil temp going to the bearings unless the motor is idling and the oil temp becomes stabilized. I would insulate that brass tee to minimize any heat loss though if it is done this way.
Say what? The oil is under pressure that this point and it is in no way out of the oil stream.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts