Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
But you are not checking for pressure. Do you know the flow here?
Who said anything about checking pressure? In no way are my probes out of the oil stream is what I am saying. As far as flow goes, if the factory sees fit to put their oil temp sensor in this location then I want to have the exact same reading on my gauge as the car is seeing. You can do what ever you want but I want to know what my ECU is seeing.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,674 Posts
There is no oil flowing over the probes. It is in the oil but it is static oil. In the factory position there is oil flowing over the probe. It's no different than if you were to put a tee in the oil pressure sender and take the oil temp there.

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
There is no oil flowing over the probes. It is in the oil but it is static oil. In the factory position there is oil flowing over the probe. It's no different than if you were to put a tee in the oil pressure sender and take the oil temp there.
Well it is pretty damn accurate still because my reading are the same as they were stock. I am leaving it right there and there are also a lot of other guys in the industry running it in the same location.

·
Registered
138 Posts
For those using the Mishimoto Oil Filter Sandwich Plate Adapters on a 13 have you had any clearance issues with the stock filter or did you switch filter. I have been searching Google and on here for solid answers for an adapter that had no clearance issues with the stock filter. Im not Planning on going to much lower than stock height, but ATL is harsh on the roads down town and my complex has speed bumps everywhere.

·
Clutch Burner
766 Posts
For those using the Mishimoto Oil Filter Sandwich Plate Adapters on a 13 have you had any clearance issues with the stock filter or did you switch filter. I have been searching Google and on here for solid answers for an adapter that had no clearance issues with the stock filter. Im not Planning on going to much lower than stock height, but ATL is harsh on the roads down town and my complex has speed bumps everywhere.
I have the sandwich plate and have 0 issues.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a custom sandwich plate that I can sell you. It will take the stock filter. You just have to find longer than stock bolts (1/4 - 1/2"). Let me know if you are interested. I can post pics for you too. The only reason I'm selling it was due to a girl cutting across in-front of me and I plowed through her Mitsubishi going 45 mph. Basically totaled the car. I'm lucky to be alive.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the sandwich plate and have 0 issues.
Thank for the feed back this is what i was looking for. All the other threads I just found different ways on hooking up the oil temp sensor and not really looking to tap in to anything. Thanks again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thank for the feed back this is what i was looking for. All the other threads I just found different ways on hooking up the oil temp sensor and not really looking to tap in to anything. Thanks again.

I have the glowshift adapter 29.99 and zero issues with fitment or oil filter being to low

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a custom sandwich plate that I can sell you. It will take the stock filter. You just have to find longer than stock bolts (1/4 - 1/2"). Let me know if you are interested. I can post pics for you too. The only reason I'm selling it was due to a girl cutting across in-front of me and I plowed through her Mitsubishi going 45 mph. Basically totaled the car. I'm lucky to be alive.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Unfortunately I'm going to have to pass on the Custom Plate. Thanks for the offer though much appreciated.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the glowshift adapter 29.99 and zero issues with fitment or oil filter being to low

Which one you have? got a Part# or name of were you got it from, because all the threads/post i have seen and there were pic's showing the glowshift adapter with the stock filter it hung low past the pan/subfram which resulted in one guys filter being bent after hitting a pot hole.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here's a picture of the OEM filter and the oil cooler adapter I use to run. It is thicker than just a adapter for sensors.

Here's the smaller gauge adapter mounted.

Red thanks for the pic. the second one the Mishimoto one looks close just cant tell fully?

·
STORMTROOPER
77 Posts
First of all...

Killer write up and view!! Quick question however...I have a TurboXs O2 housing on my '13 and have the Glow Shift Wideband AFR Gauge. Do I replace the secondary (lower) o2 sensor with the supplied Bosch O2 sensor that came with the package and not the top one on the housing correct?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,674 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
First of all...

Killer write up and view!! Quick question however...I have a TurboXs O2 housing on my '13 and have the Glow Shift Wideband AFR Gauge. Do I replace the secondary (lower) o2 sensor with the supplied Bosch O2 sensor that came with the package and not the top one on the housing correct?

You need to leave both o2 sensors how they are and do not touch them , or replace them with the Bosch sensor. You need to have the supplied bung welded into your downpipe to instal the sensor in the bung.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts