Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Alphaspeed canned GO tune for a while and I get good pops and bangs. I’m trying to figure out if there is a specific RPM to blip the gas or a way to get massive gunshots.
2012 3.8 Track BK1
K&N drop in filter
ARK test pipes
Stillen Catback-mufflers
Alphaspeed GO tune

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am a 2.0 so this may not work BUT this is how it works for me. I also have the Go tune.

My car will pop like crazy when decelerating in gear, around 4100-4500. Blipping the gas in that RPM range helps. It will also pop a lot if I keep it in first gear and go to like 5k and let it decelerate. Other than that, it doesn't really pop. Not during normal driving, and not in neutral at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a 2.0 so this may not work BUT this is how it works for me. I also have the Go tune.

My car will pop like crazy when decelerating in gear, around 4100-4500. Blipping the gas in that RPM range helps. It will also pop a lot if I keep it in first gear and go to like 5k and let it decelerate. Other than that, it doesn't really pop. Not during normal driving, and not in neutral at all.
Okay bet I’ll give that a try. I get good pope when decel around 35-4500 RPM and blipping it only begins a long chain of hella pops lmao

Does your car pop more with the A/C on?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Okay bet I’ll give that a try. I get good pope when decel around 35-4500 RPM and blipping it only begins a long chain of hella pops lmao

Does your car pop more with the A/C on?
AC affects the vacuum reading so you may get more or less depending on the exact tune. Normally you'll get pops anywhere from 3300 to 5000RPM under hard engine braking (-10 map) If you log it you'll notice the car timing is retarded about 5-15 degrees for those few seconds until you drop back below 3k rpm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts