Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
i plan this christmas time to paint blackout the headlight and in the same time i want to install an Halo kit switchback from morimoto. i have original HID headlight and wondering how to plug them to the DRL (white light) and HID (yellow light).

thank you for the informations pictures and DIY

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello my Friend
do you have the electrical diagram or which color of wire i need to plug them?
Best Regards

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,453 Posts
If you are going to open the headlights I would make the connections internally.

Here are the pinouts of the connectors and the Wire Diagram. Looks to be pin 1 and 5 on each headlight. Colors are on the WD but the don't always match the car I've found so go by the pin numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow thanks for the information i will check that in the next week, i guest it's the same diagram for HID and normal headlight.
i will try to keep the wire inside the headlight.
thank you very much
Ciao

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello last question
the Halo works on the 12volts but i don't see on the drawing what is the voltage at the pine 1 and 5.
do you know it?
Best Regards

If you are going to open the headlights I would make the connections internally.

Here are the pinouts of the connectors and the Wire Diagram. Looks to be pin 1 and 5 on each headlight. Colors are on the WD but the don't always match the car I've found so go by the pin numbers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Raspberry
i want to plug the halo this week end, just to be sure the side marker is not 1 @ 5.
do you have the number?

another question in automatic mode (headlight) did the side marker are open with the DRL?
Best Regards and thanks a lot for your help
Ciao

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,453 Posts
The pins may be different depending on year, model and accessories.

You need to get a volt meter and see what they are by probing the plug for power and ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts