Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DIY Noob o__o...
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Anyone got a DIY for removing the door handles off the car? I want to learn so I can get a perfect wrap done on my car. :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
open the door on the inside where the latch is on the door there will be a rubber circle where the door handle is pop it out n there will be a 10mm bolt n thats it lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
open the door on the inside where the latch is on the door there will be a rubber circle where the door handle is pop it out n there will be a 10mm bolt n thats it lol
Even easier: lock the car, pull the door handle out, and undo the small silver screw on the rear end of the handle, then pop off the colored part of the handle. You’ll need a very small star bit screwdriver to do it. HOWEVER, this will only work on the 2010s. The 2011 handles have a screw from the back of the handle that holds the front part of the colored piece in. The best way to get to it is to do what Nikko said.

But, if you have keyless entry buttons on a 2011-and-after car, the handle will just hang there while you work on it. If you want to remove the handle to work on it, you have to take apart the whole door from the inside to unplug the wires. I just did all this on my car.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Door handles.

Does anyone know where can I buy the handles pre-painted from? cuz the dealership is asking $900 for both sides.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,171 Posts
Does anyone know where can I buy the handles pre-painted from? cuz the dealership is asking $900 for both sides.
Thanks
That's because you would be paying for the the whole handle, including the antenna.
There is no part number for just the colored section, that I could find, even after inspecting the colored panel with it removed.

The 2010-2012 handle is interchangeable with the 2013+, but the buttons (if you have keyless) and button opening are different.

·
Premium Member
15,171 Posts
Even easier: lock the car, pull the door handle out, and undo the small silver screw on the rear end of the handle, then pop off the colored part of the handle. You’ll need a very small star bit screwdriver to do it. HOWEVER, this will only work on the 2010s. The 2011 handles have a screw from the back of the handle that holds the front part of the colored piece in. The best way to get to it is to do what Nikko said.

But, if you have keyless entry buttons on a 2011-and-after car, the handle will just hang there while you work on it. If you want to remove the handle to work on it, you have to take apart the whole door from the inside to unplug the wires. I just did all this on my car.
Just to add. On the 2013+, it isn't as simple.
They added another screw that requires you to remove the handle to unscrew it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts