Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2010 genesis coupe 3.8 V6 and I wanted to know how can I go about tuning my car? I’ve looked at videos on YouTube but unfortunately I’m still confused on how to start and go about the process. Also if it’s a process I can do myself then what steps would I need to take?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
397 Posts
Hey I have a 2010 genesis coupe 3.8 V6 and I wanted to know how can I go about tuning my car? I’ve looked at videos on YouTube but unfortunately I’m still confused on how to start and go about the process. Also if it’s a process I can do myself then what steps would I need to take?
Unless you wanna spend 10k on a specific tool, you need it tuned by a reputable company.
Believe me, I have been looking in to this for quite some time now...

Even if you did have the cash for the tool, you REALLY need to know what you are doing.

Reactions: jayjay2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless you wanna spend 10k on a specific tool, you need it tuned by a reputable company.
Believe me, I have been looking in to this for quite some time now...

Even if you did have the cash for the tool, you REALLY need to know what you are doing.
Do you know any companies I could go to?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
397 Posts
Do you know any companies I could go to?
I will always recommend UNIQ and their Xclusive tunes. Rob and Brent are great guys to talk to and deal with.

Aside from them, Alphaspeed is another go to. You can get their tunes through 3p8 and BTRcc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will always recommend UNIQ and their Xclusive tunes. Rob and Brent are great guys to talk to and deal with.

Aside from them, Alphaspeed is another go to. You can get their tunes through 3p8 and BTRcc.
Thanks man I appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
If you are in US - Alphaspeed for best tuning

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you are in US - Alphaspeed for best tuning

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yes, Alphaspeed is a great tuner in the US. If you don't live close to a tuner you can always do a remote tune. In that case, you rent the laptop, software, and cable. They will send the equipment to you along with instructions on how to tune the car. Here's a general idea of how it goes:

1. Get the equipment, read instructions.
2. They will have you do some pulls in 3rd gear to redline while datalogging different data points on the car.
3. You send the datalog back to them.
4. They will send you a tune based on the datalogging - you flash the tune onto your car.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until they are happy with the tune and datalogging results.
6. Send equipment back - they return the deposit.

I ordered my tune through 3point8performance. There is a pretty decent wait for remote tunes through them. I ordered mine the 3rd week of March and still haven't received the equipment yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts