Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Function Over Form
1,222 Posts
I disconnected the sensor at the front wheels to completely disable my abs and tc. It works with no check engine light. Here's a pic of the the lights that come up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Even with stability/traction off the ecu still reduces the torque, especialy on quick shifts. It's to preserve the tranny/diff/etc, not as traction control. You can feel it in an autocross, it's slight but it's there. I'm sure it's most pronounced at the drag strip where the system is doing it's best to preserve the running gear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Traction control light

I just wanna turn the friggin thing off......meaning I want the TCS off, but I want the light off too. I hate dash lights....

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
I just wanna turn the friggin thing off......meaning I want the TCS off, but I want the light off too. I hate dash lights....

Not possible, unless you want to remove dash lighting.

Has anyone told the 13s how to do it yet? Push and hold the button, you will hear a beep and the info in the cluster will say ESC and TCS off. Pushing it once just turns off the TCS.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
Not possible, unless you want to remove dash lighting.

Has anyone told the 13s how to do it yet? Push and hold the button, you will hear a beep and the info in the cluster will say ESC and TCS off. Pushing it once just turns off the TCS.
Yes, it's in the manual and my salesman told me how to do that as well. It was the same on my 335, and a large symbol would come up that looked like this:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Try and do a burn out with TC on and you cant!
But, When I turn off TC (after the car is on, )
I can do a stand still burn out all day untill the tires burst..
So if TC is not fully off. Then shouldn't I not be able to do that?
Or does it only work when the cars in motion?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Traction fully off

I autocross my 2010 3.8 touring, when I hit the button I can spin my tires fine, where I run into issues is fast cornering situations. The car thinks you are in panic mode and fights you at the wheel especially through slolum sections. I have not yet tried the turn car to on without starting, turning traction off then starting the engine. I will try this on the 13th at our last event and confirm whether it works for me.

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
My car is a manual, when I was tracking regularly it was always 100% off when I pushed the button. There was no intervention from the TCS even if I got myself into a spin.

I have heard the auto's will still allow the TCS to intervene in certain conditions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I have a manual transmission. I am looking to the forums because I thought my issue was just my power steering pump not being able to keep up in rapid cornering situations. However I had one of the veteran drivers in my Auot X club drive the car, and he was convinced that my ESC system was not fully defeated. I would really like a good explanation as to the real culprit fighting me at the wheel, and best case a way to fix the issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Even with stability/traction off the ecu still reduces the torque, especialy on quick shifts. It's to preserve the tranny/diff/etc, not as traction control. You can feel it in an autocross, it's slight but it's there. I'm sure it's most pronounced at the drag strip where the system is doing it's best to preserve the running gear.
This is true but only on the auto's....when trac is turned off it is off on all models (takes a longer button push on the 13's). ABS is always active on all models.... /end thread.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I have a manual transmission. I am looking to the forums because I thought my issue was just my power steering pump not being able to keep up in rapid cornering situations. However I had one of the veteran drivers in my Auot X club drive the car, and he was convinced that my ESC system was not fully defeated. I would really like a good explanation as to the real culprit fighting me at the wheel, and best case a way to fix the issue. Thanks.
This is a known issue that has been discussed in other threads, please search.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The 13's is 2 stage now. You can turn traction control off with the regular push, and if you hold it in for 5 seconds it will turn off the stability controller.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts