Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wish I would have found this thread earlier. I looked at a couple of the newer ones a while back and ended up looking through a Genesis forum where they were installing a fuse switch to take out the ABS/TCS/SCS

·
Motorsports Enthusiast
242 Posts
Is it okay to turn it off? :eek:

My friend who drives a R35 GTR down here turned his off, and the dealership found out and voided is warranty T_T"
Yeah, but can you really do anything in an R35 without voiding the warranty? The first time into the dealer for service the ECU would snitch about all the fun we had together.:rofl:
Well, there's a rumor coming from the KDM cars, that with the traction control fully off, the motor responded with 25hp more.

So, it may be possible that you could still do a burn out with it partially off with just hitting the button, but then with 25hp more you could do a REAALLY Healthy burnout with it completely off.

:dunno:

Time will tell. Someone that test drives one, let us know your findings please.
Actually, there have been some reports that in disabled mode you can still get the backend sideways, it's not until the system senses an abrupt loss that it kicks back on.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm saying that unless you can read what is happening in the ECU there is no way for you to know 100%, even if your butt dyno is immaculately calibrated.. :rofl: And that this will be a point of contention until it is laid down 100% from a real, authoritative source like Hyundai or one of the companies working on the ECU.

I personally don't have an opinion on this, I just want to have the end result.
My service manager confirmed this.
I disconnected the sensor at the front wheels to completely disable my abs and tc. It works with no check engine light. Here's a pic of the the lights that come up.
I just wanna turn the friggin thing off......meaning I want the TCS off, but I want the light off too. I hate dash lights....
wow ...

·
Registered
20 Posts
FYI new gen coupe buyers, just spoke to a tech in the know and heard how to turn off traction control completely. when you hit the traction control button, turns down traction control, not all the way off. when you turn the car into the on position without starting it, then turn it off, then start the car... it's off.

just an fyi to ppls that are passionate about the cars.
Quoted from: autoblog.com/2012/02/21/2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe-3-8-and-2-0t/

Speaking of the traction control, it's worth noting that the Genesis Coupe allows drivers to choose their own level of nannying. The Coupe's default setting keeps both traction and stability control engaged. Press the TCS button once, and traction control falls off, leaving stability control to keep the ham fisted away from the point of no return. Those with a little more confidence can hold the TCS button for another four seconds and stability control will disengage as well.

·
ABC with a GC
868 Posts
way to revive a dead post. you just became that guy.

·
ABC with a GC
868 Posts
Not possible, unless you want to remove dash lighting.

Has anyone told the 13s how to do it yet? Push and hold the button, you will hear a beep and the info in the cluster will say ESC and TCS off. Pushing it once just turns off the TCS.

Quoted from: autoblog.com/2012/02/21/2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe-3-8-and-2-0t/

Speaking of the traction control, it's worth noting that the Genesis Coupe allows drivers to choose their own level of nannying. The Coupe's default setting keeps both traction and stability control engaged. Press the TCS button once, and traction control falls off, leaving stability control to keep the ham fisted away from the point of no return. Those with a little more confidence can hold the TCS button for another four seconds and stability control will disengage as well.
reviving a dead post when its been discussed and answer been found is the dum dum thing to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
reviving a dead post when its been discussed and answer been found is the dum dum thing to do.
I didn't know it's been answered. Not like I'm going to read through all those pages. I saw the thread and the OP asked a question that I knew the answer to so I decided I'd answer. Don't really see a problem here. Maybe I'll just create a new thread next time instead lololol

101 - 111 of 111 Posts