Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This is an awesome write up! I would do this if i still had my stock head unit .

Snoopy, is there a way to have my blue screen still display the outside temp without the stock head unit?
You don't need the stock head unit to run the Auto A/C, just the blue screen (IDD). If you remove your stock head unit you can still tap into those lines to get the signals from the factory harnesses, the head unit doesn't need to be installed to do it. Alternatively you can get those same signal lines from the OBD-II port, I just opted not to.

An alternative module would be required since it's the head unit that translates the exterior temp sensor into CAN data for the display.

According to the Hyundai tech site all gen Coupes for all years are compatible for streaming. At least for verizone and the S3.
I've tried about 6 devices, none have streamed Bluetooth for me.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,703 Posts
I know mine doesn't either. Just saying if you look under the bluetooth compatibility they all show streaming.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
my old iphone 4 and my iphone 5 stream for me with no problems

·
Registered
226 Posts
My bad I guess it was a very vague question. For the pins of connector b of the AC control. I think it's in the background of the pic of the temp sensor

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks man, I'm prepping the wiring harnesses tonight and will do the install of the AC, nav, and blue screen in my Rspec this weekend. Also have to figure out what to do with the empty space next to the power outlet

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the wiring harness pigtail from the AC unit and there is a wire in the pin 1 location on connector B. That makes 11 total wires compared to 10 in the write up, is it not used or not necessary?

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I don't have any info regarding the usage of Pin 1, did you got one from a nav version?

need to make an amendment though, ground the in cabin sensor to pin 26 on connector A.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ok, wasn't sure if any of those board pins lead down to the connector pins. Also once I solder those 2 wires and reinstall the sensor, do I plug in the connector with the existing 2 wires or did I replace those?

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
If you don't have the factory Nav, don't use the Nav version of the HVAC controls with the standard radio, the CANBUS cues are different from everything I've been told.

If you're upgrading to factory nav like Jay did, ignore this.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm going to factory nav, I finished the AC yesterday and everything works and displays correctly except now my outside temp displays the wrong temp. I thought that went through the radio(connector b pin 5 on the radio)?

·
Registered
226 Posts
When I do a hard reset of the car it displays the correct temp and then counts down continuously until it's about 40 degrees too cool. Could it be a bad connection to the ambient sensor?

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
BTW, after looking through the electrical schematics, Pin 1 on M07-B (HVAC connector B) is the ground for the Incar Temperature sensor motor, which isn't actually used on the GC. It's in the electrical manual but it isn't actually used on any models that I've seen, which is why it looks like there is a hose barb at the end of it and it has excess pins according to the schematics but it doesn't actually.

You're making me redo things that I had studied extensively before making this guide. Re-examine why I said which connections to use. You can ignore my amendment about the sensor ground too, you can use 5 on M65 or 26 on M07-A, your choice.

If you haven't already, stop by my bookshelf in the DIY section (pinned at the top) and grab a downloadable copy of the electrical schematic manual, shop manual and soon the specific repair guides. It's kind of a long process to get them up but they're privately hosted by me so they should always be available.

edit;
PN 972702M000 (incar sensor) is the only one for the GC, all model years, same part even for the 2013s so why your wiring harness has Pin 1 populated, no idea, that motor doesn't exist in practice.

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It could just be the incorrect CAN code since you're using a Nav controller on the non-Nav display.

Ambient is Pin 5 connector a on the radio to Pin 5 connector B on the HVAC controller, that should be it.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts