Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry of your re-doing work on my account, and btw the wire in the EM51 harness for water temp is non-existent in my car, had the tap in to the sensor.

So once I install the nav my outside temp should be good again?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
if a non nav person want to do this swap i have a controller bezel and flip pocket in silver lying around.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Thanks man, I'm prepping the wiring harnesses tonight and will do the install of the AC, nav, and blue screen in my Rspec this weekend. Also have to figure out what to do with the empty space next to the power outlet

Unscrew from the back and reuse your old pocket

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
13 Posts
guys I have a small issue, so I did the auto climate upgrade and an oem nav upgrade to my car, but when I hit the climate button nothing displays on the nav screen showing the car picture and temperature inside the car....any idea why? do I have to use the blue screen?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
guys I have a small issue, so I did the auto climate upgrade and an oem nav upgrade to my car, but when I hit the climate button nothing displays on the nav screen showing the car picture and temperature inside the car....any idea why? do I have to use the blue screen?
make sure can bus wires go to the nav unit and not the blue screen.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Snoop, this may be a weird question, but could I do the opposite? I actually don't like auto climate and would prefer to adjust it manually. 2012 Track. Let me know, thank you.

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Absolutely, but for you, it's much easier. Manual climate control module + bezel = win. The other plug doesn't go to anything anymore and it'll work just fine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Absolutely, but for you, it's much easier. Manual climate control module + bezel = win. The other plug doesn't go to anything anymore and it'll work just fine.
So, if was to do this, then I can change the head/nav unit to an aftermarket and retain the HVAC controls thru the manual control and bezel. Right?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Yes. The actual control of the motors, etc. is all done through CON-A, CON-B is additional sensors, comms, etc. for the auto climate, which is why its existence is only in the auto-hvac versions and the rest of the pins are identical.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great Job, connector ref are
MG 614120 or 917981-2
sorry i can't send link
search 917981-2 on aliexpress

not needed for this mod but 26 pin connector ref is MG 611336 or 917992-6

·
Registered
9 Posts
Free shipping 2sets 26pin Honda auto electric cable plug automotive wiring harness unsealed connector 917992-6

and

Free shipping 2sets 16pin Honda auto electric cable plug automotive wiring harness unsealed connector 917981-2

·
Registered
55 Posts
So, if was to do this, then I can change the head/nav unit to an aftermarket and retain the HVAC controls thru the manual control and bezel. Right?

Thanks
Hey Snoopy so what I'm getting from this is that its just plug and play to change from auto to manual? I'm trying to remove the blue screen and install an aftermarket radio. Mine is a 2010.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts