Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I've juste install my new hsd coilovers on my gen and I can't even fit my wheel in because the lower locking collar is in the way . Is there something I can do to avoid this ? Will I need to buy spacers ?

I'm running 19x9.5 +22 in the front.

Thank's !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bump, same thing happened to me tonight, drop in the back is fine but my rims are rubbing against the perches. 2013 2.0 with 19s as well

·
Registered
185 Posts
so if i was to run 18x10 et20, am i going to have problems too??

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 et40 so I needed them for the front only. They were the slip on spacers, I've had them on since my first post driving hard and no issues. So I haven't had a problem.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I'm running 15 in the front and when I go full lock in reverse they'll still rub. The lower locking collar actually got bent cuz of it. Next time I have the wheels off I'll take a picture. I've got a set of 20mm spacers coming. That extra 5mm should solve the issue.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Holy crap, really? I've got a 9.5" wheel with a +22 offset and 15mm spacer...so +7 in total. I have about 1/2" clearance from the lower spring perch. Too much poke for me unless i run -3 camber. I had to roll and pull my front fenders a bit and still rub on dips at -2 camber currently to save my tires. I'm going to try 10mm spacers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, I'm tucked in the back and inch above the wheel and have almost no wheel gap in the front, only needed 10mm and have no rubbing or touching what so ever with a credit card or two of clearance from the wheel to the collar. It's never rubbed since regardless of passengers, turning, or speed, even after I got an alignment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts