Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driving last Friday night, 2nd gear WOT at 4k rpm and just as I shifted to 3rd at 5.9k-6k rpm there was a very loud bang/pop sound from engine bay. Concerned, I coasted in neutral and the tack was bouncing between 1k - 1.1k rpm with a grinding/sputtering noise? Then I tried accelerating in 2nd gear but car would would only slow down when I gave gas, so I coasted back in neutral to find a safe spot to pull over. Went out and there was green oil leaking which left a small trail where I coasted. White smoke coming out of hood as I stopped. Engine light and oil light were on. Checked my oil dipstick today and it's just above L. The car is also on my slight declined driveway facing down when I checked my oil.

It was a cold clear night when I droved, around 4掳C (39掳F). Pictures of oil temp and where oil splash leaked below. My oil temp ranges from at or just below 1 oclock mark depending on how hot or cold the weather is. 2nd pic is just below engine

https://imgur.com/a/SOGLfAc

On the bright side at least I'm learning something new everytime something breaks in my genny 馃槄馃槄馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I now learned that it's the intake manifold lol. I saw several other posts about intake manifolds failing, especially since they're plastic. Best thing from what I'm reading so far is to get a bk1 intake manifold. I just hope nothing else was damaged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts