Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
www.diodedynamics.com
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hyundai Genesis Coupe Switchback Turn Signal LEDs

This kit includes a pair of front turn signal bulbs which are "switchback," a unique, specialty design. When this bulb is on as normal, with your parking lights or headlights, it shines a nice, pure white color. Anytime you activate the turn signals, it flashes bright amber. Two colors in one bulb, for an awesome lighting effect!

LED Components. Diode Dynamics uses only the highest quality LED chips in the production of its bulbs. This means we use only brand-name suppliers, and we tightly control color temperatures with our in-house testing equipment. One sign of low-grade LEDs is a very blue color tone, or mismatched bulbs. Our LEDs will always be uniform in color, with bright whites, rather than sharp blues.

Design. Although LED technology allows for extremely long bulb life, the market is flooded with cheap, generic LED bulbs that fail prematurely due to inferior design and construction. Even bulbs from reputable suppliers are simply standard designs from Asia. They may work, but they are not designed with automotive circuits and applications in mind, so they will always fail within a few years of use.

HP24: 16 amber and 8 white, high-power LED chips. Full aluminum body for durability and advanced digital latching circuit for color control. 6000k, Cool White to match your HIDs or other LED applications.

At Diode Dynamics, we specialize only in lighting, so we have invested in developing quality products. Our engineering team designs bulbs to withstand the harsh automotive environments, both electrically and physically. Our bulbs will distribute light more evenly than standard "tower" designs, and they will last much longer than simple LEDs, powered by basic, cheap circuitry. By using advanced, LED-specific integrated regulation circuits in our bulbs, they are designed to last for years to come.

Off-brand, cheap bulbs also exhibit poor construction quality, as they are often hand-assembled. Quality control is often lax, as the poor construction really won't be noticeable until a bulb fails after only a few months of use. However, common visible problems include poor solder uniformity, high levels of flux in the solder, uneven chip placement, low-gauge terminal wires and terminal alignment, and bulbs held together with inferior adhesives. At best, solder joints will crack and fail on low-quality LEDs after a few weeks of use. In the worst case, these bulbs can damage housings as the extra flux and adhesive evaporates and creates a residue on the lens of the housing. Diode Dynamics bulbs will not exhibit these problems, as they are assembled with much more rigorous standards of quality control, with modern, computerized equipment, and only the best materials, to ensure the highest levels of quality and performance possible.

All Diode Dynamics products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited replacement warranty.

Click For 2010-2012 Genesis Coupe

Click For 2013-2015 Genesis Coupe

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected] or call (314) 205-3033

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Customer Reviews:

"These bulbs should come from the factory. They are incredibly bright, and the color is almost dead on a 6k HID. These are proving to be pretty reliable as well, which is less work for me. Diode dynamics earned a sticker on my window, I will return for more. (Posted on 9/11/13)"

"Bulbs work very well. Easy to install and they are BRIGHT! I am very pleased with this product. I would suggest buying the CF13 LED Flasher Module with this bulb to fix the hyperblinking in 2010 GenCoupe models. (Posted on 9/6/13)"

"These switchbacks are amazing! i have a white 2.0T and they go perfect with the car itself. you do need the resistors for these as they do produce hyper blink as well as the rear blinkers. not a hard installation at all! just ordered my 6K HID kit to finish it all off!! these are a must! stage 2 all the way! (Posted on 1/31/14)"

·
Genesis Coupe FTW
1,740 Posts
Hey Paul I need a kit for my Hyundai tiburon 2003, only need 1 bulb with the relay, how much ??

·
Registered
222 Posts
So how fast is the blinking without putting in any flasher/resister kit and just straight replace the bulb on the headlights? Is it noticeable enough for a cop to pull me over with it? lol

also if I were to purchase this kit, what's the difference with the addon resister kit +$10 and the flasher CF13 +$5? would i need both? Or just one of the other?
thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
So if I purchase a set of these switchbacks on your website, on the drop down box for the hyperblink fix i would select the flasher CF13 which cost additional $5 and that would all I be needing in order to fix the issue?
thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've left a couple of messages for you. Call me back when you get a chance please. My callback number begins with area code 662. I want to talk about my headlights and turn signals.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just ordered these, along with the HID kit. Ordered 2 sets for 2 cars, but only one arrived in the box. Made one phone call, and they are going to ship me the other one out. Was great customer service, and its refreshing that the issue was resolved easily in what is just a minor mishap.

Just installed the other set on the other car, and wow these look great. The flasher kit is a must, as without it they do blink pretty fast. Glad I went ahead and ordered it with the bulb. Very pleased with the results on these.

·
Registered
123 Posts
bought this after getting the complete stage 2 kit for interior lights. stage 2 had 1 bad led board and now this one has a bad led unit as well -_-, the white LEDs do not turn on for one of the units
the CF13 flasher did not fit in my 2012 genesis coupe either, if looking at it with the grounded prong sitting horizontally on the bottom, they need to be raised ever so slightly to fit correctly

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
These may have been damaged in shipment. Please email [email protected] with your name and order number as well as the problem, and we can help you out. Thanks!
Hey Paul I don't know if you just aren't seeing this or if you are ignoring it. The cf13 flasher modules don't fit our cars. You need the triton ep34 for correct fitment that solves the hyper blink.

·
www.diodedynamics.com
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Our CF13 flasher fits just fine in the GenCoupe. I have personally done it a few times. Just push it in! Now for 2012, I am aware that the flasher model has changed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, the one that shipped with the LED's did not quite fit flush in the 2012. I would say that it only hangs out a bit. However it functions, and fixes the hyper blink issue. It just does not look "clean".

·
Wide Open Ones
291 Posts
The flasher for my 2011 fits and works perfectly!

·
www.diodedynamics.com
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know it's not a 100% exact fit, but it's much cheaper than any other option, at just $5. I figured you guys would prefer to kind of push it in a bit rather than pay $10. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 370 Posts