Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
37,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hyundai plans to launch its new N sub-brand of performance vehicles at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show in September.

The new push into the performance world will be lead by the unveiling of Hyundai’s Vision Gran Turismo Concept, the latest in a long line of concept cars that will only be available in the popular Gran Turismo video game. Hyundai says that the wild looking concept car will be a teaser of what is to come from the N sub-brand.

Alongside the Vision GT Concept (teased above), Hyundai will also be showing off an early version of its upcoming World Rally Championship race car based on the i20, which it plans to compete with starting in the 2016 season.

Finally, Hyundai’s RM15 Concept, which is a mid-engine Veloster with a 296 hp 2.0-liter turbo engine, will also be on display. Hyundai says that the concept is 'undergoing further developments to apply high-performance technology to Hyundai Motor cars in many exciting ways.'

Hyundai will debut all of these car at the Frankfurt Motor Show on Tuesday, September 15.
Read more about the Hyundai N Performance Brand to Launch With Wild New Concept Car at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
not a real life one. just in gran turismo lol. go look at all the gran turismo "concept" cars. This thing looks tame in comparison.
Nope, this is the new Genesis Coupe.. I own one...... In my dreams
Interested to see what they are up to?????

·
Registered
297 Posts
This will not just be 1 year away. Probably closer to 2020.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah I'm starting to get the bad feeling that the GC is about to die a slow, inglorious death. All this hype for make-believe cars, but not leaking a single detail about the next-gen GC? And I don't count those blogs talking about the test mule... I don't consider those reliable. I'm talking straight from the horses mouth, a la HYUNDAI. We're looking at the SEVENTH year of basically the same car, as there aren't any major changes planned for 2016.

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
and leave it to it's sister Kia to make the fun cheap cars (e.g. stinger)
Yeah, but it wouldn't likely be that cheap. Optima's are getting pretty up there. You can't even buy the turbo in the cheaper EX model anymore in Canada.. which sucks... so I gotta drop $40,000 just to get the turbo model? Fck off.

Also, there seems to be zero plans to make the stinger..

·
Registered
20 Posts
RIP Gen Coupe

It's official now... :( Genesis Coupe is no more... The new Genesis brand will get around to making a sporty coupe in 2020.... The 2016 model is the end. :crying:
Unfortunately it's replacement is likely a car most of us will have no interest in.

·
3point8 Performance
2,614 Posts
It's official now... :( Genesis Coupe is no more... The new Genesis brand will get around to making a sporty coupe in 2020.... The 2016 model is the end. :crying:
Unfortunately it's replacement is likely a car most of us will have no interest in.
meh. there is a s/c kit and turbo kit and plenty of info on N20 and LS swaps are becoming less mystic, so I think that it dying off isn't a bad thing.

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's disappointing we won't see the GC "grow up" through the years like we did the Camaro, Mustang, Z, etc. Was curious to see what crooked H might have come out with for the next gen Gen. Either way, I'm glad I have mine. I plan on keeping it regardless of residual value or popularity 'cause I like it too much to let it go. I heard they're considering bringing the Tibby back as a replacement - don't know how reliable that is, but only time will tell 'cause Hyundai sure isn't.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,055 Posts
For the record, US govt filings this month or last included the trademarking of the "Stinger" name by Kia of America. So they are at least still paying people to think about doing it. That certainly doesn't mean we'll get a sweet KDM Miata hardtop out of the deal... Could very well not show up, or worse, show up as another BRZ or front driver :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts