Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 161 Posts

·
2013 3.8 Track
381 Posts
Had the recall done, can't tell any difference. For those with bad dealer experiences, try another local dealer if one is close enough by--in my area I first went to one, and they were complete douchebags, but then I tried another and have had a couple of years of good experiences with them since. And they don't give me any crap at all about mods, honoring warranty without question.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Still have yet to have this done, got my papers yesterday but I thought i was waiting on a phone call for an an appointment when the parts came in... Still waiting really? The 12th will be a month since I first talked to them...

TJ

·
Registered
350 Posts
Still have yet to have this done, got my papers yesterday but I thought i was waiting on a phone call for an an appointment when the parts came in... Still waiting really? The 12th will be a month since I first talked to them...

TJ

Took my car in yesterday and they ordered the part,

I'm taking it tommorow morning to get it done.

U mite want to follow back up with them

·
Registered
403 Posts
Took my car in yesterday and they ordered the part,

I'm taking it tommorow morning to get it done.

U mite want to follow back up with them

That is my intention. Have not done it yet due to being out of town off and on due to the holidays and actually added another Dodge Ram to the stable. I forgot just How bad I hate shopping for a new ride... Just put the actual number on the sticker and forget it, Would have bought a Tesla if I could've afforded it...
The thing about the dealer, they had my cell phone number and have not called, does not really inspire me with confidence.

TJ

·
3.8 Driver
361 Posts
Still skeptical about bringing it in. **** it, let that bitch break and then I will take it in.

LOL jk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just got it done!
The car feels solid

In 1st and 2nd gear shifts it's a lot more smother in high rpms.

Before when I would shift quickly in high rpms I would hear a thump every time not anymore

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts
I got the letter after I just installed my big turbo. I also have a very loud aftermarket flywheel and clutch. I will not be taking mine in. I just hope I will be able to order the bolts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
called a dealership and made sure they had the parts on hand. went in and got it done, probably took about an hour or so. they didnt really care about my aftermarket mods. afterall this is a manufacturer defect.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You people freaking out about mods and what not need to chill. This is a SAFETY RECALL. They cannot refuse to perform it due to mods unless of course the mods would require removal to perform the campaign, which is unlikely in this case. It does not require a scan tool, so tunes are not an issue either.

I assure you that you do NOT want to wait until a bolt breaks. Had one in the other day. The rear bolt broke, the diff was flopping around, beat the **** out of the underside of the car, bent the flanges on the driveshaft and the differential pinion. The car was down for a week waiting on parts. Replacing the bolts should take less than 30 minutes from the time you drop the keys on the counter to when you are signing the paperwork and driving off (obviously dependent on workload at the shop, etc.).

JUST GET IT DONE

·
Registered
403 Posts
You people freaking out about mods and what not need to chill. This is a SAFETY RECALL. They cannot refuse to perform it due to mods unless of course the mods would require removal to perform the campaign, which is unlikely in this case. It does not require a scan tool, so tunes are not an issue either.

I assure you that you do NOT want to wait until a bolt breaks. Had one in the other day. The rear bolt broke, the diff was flopping around, beat the **** out of the underside of the car, bent the flanges on the driveshaft and the differential pinion. The car was down for a week waiting on parts. Replacing the bolts should take less than 30 minutes from the time you drop the keys on the counter to when you are signing the paperwork and driving off (obviously dependent on workload at the shop, etc.).

JUST GET IT DONE
While I fully agree with your line of thought, it is not out of the range of speculation that anyone's mods will be flagged for warranty cancellation. My Dodge was just for a homemade CAI, they would not even honor one of their own TSBs ( brakes).
Just a thought... I do agree, get it done...

TJ

·
Obsessed
1,176 Posts
You are correct that they cannot refuse to perform the safety recall, however that doesn't mean that they won't see your mods and flag your account for warranty cancellation while they perform the recall repair. It has happened before multiple times, and you can search and find examples here on the forums, of people going in for unrelated work and having their warranties cancelled for other things. Personally I'm not particularly worried about the warranty, I'm too far into my car mods to even consider having my warranty honored on anything but the corrosion protection, however this is a very important concern for some. If in doubt, best return it to stock to have the work done then go back when you get it back.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have not heard of anyone with a Hyundai warranty being "cancelled", I don't think that's how this works.

Yes they might flag you for "hey this guy has a lot of mods, keep an eye on him if he comes in for warranty work", but not, "hey your warranty is hereby revoked."

That's insane.
Also what kind of crap dealerships do you guys frequent? If you have options in your area, search for another.
The first place in Houston I took mine two (twice now), looked at my custom CBE and said, "that's cool" and shrugged.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
You are correct that they cannot refuse to perform the safety recall, however that doesn't mean that they won't see your mods and flag your account for warranty cancellation while they perform the recall repair. It has happened before multiple times, and you can search and find examples here on the forums, of people going in for unrelated work and having their warranties cancelled for other things. Personally I'm not particularly worried about the warranty, I'm too far into my car mods to even consider having my warranty honored on anything but the corrosion protection, however this is a very important concern for some. If in doubt, best return it to stock to have the work done then go back when you get it back.

I find this rather interesting, since I have a heavily modded car and my dealership service department treats me completely differently. I have brought my car in every few months and showed them all my mods, including turbo.

I just busted am axle boot and the service manager told me to bring the car in and he'd take a look regarding warrant repair. I'm not expecting much, but "we'll look at it and judge from there" is pretty different than "omgz modz, cancel warranty!"

Maybe Round Rock Hyundai is just better. I've also spent a lot of time getting to know the service department and manager.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
A warranty is not cancelled. However, based on your mods they will not cover the sub-system affected by your mods. Think about it, a warranty covers manufacturer materials and workmanship. If you mod that it is yours not theirs. For example, I have a thicker rear sway bar. If I break an end link that is not covered because I have altered that sub system. If my radio breaks it is covered because I have not altered anything in that system. Some dealers are better than others. You lose warranty coverage on those areas that you altered. Really...that is only fair.

I am well over 60k miles...so my engine blowing-up is about all I am covered for anymore.

·
Obsessed
1,176 Posts
Let me clarify, I did not mean that the entire warranty would be cancelled. However there have been people who were denied warranty work for modified parts of their car, which is totally understandable and Hyundai's right, and that warranty denial was noted in their records and no matter which dealership they go to after that the note causes a denial of coverage. I understand, as I stated about my own car, that a modified car is not covered under warranty for those parts modified. But there is also no rule that states that the warranty department has to be actively working on that section of your car to be able to make a note of the condition of your car, including modifications.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Geez, let me rephrase I would lose what is left on my warranty, which is drivetrain like most people.

Yea
I would think so

When my transmission was grinding I took mine and swapped in a new one with an intake, ark grip/hpipe, throttle body spacer, lowered and IM phenolic spacer.

They have never brought up any of the mods but then again they r minor.

·
Always Sleepin...
528 Posts
It really depends on the dealership. Only corporate can deny warranty work which they would have to prove your mod was the cause of the failure. Intake and catbacks, throttle body spacers oh and clutches that still use the dual mass flywheel will not void the powertrain warranty since they don't cause additional drivetrain strain. While others say some dealerships don't care, it's not worth the risk for me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Voiding warranties is not as simple as some here are making it sound. EVEN IF a dealer decided to be a COMPLETE asshole and comb a car for modifications while in for something completely unrelated to what the car is currently there for, it requires lots of paperwork, corporate approval, etc. I don't think we have ever "pre-flagged" a vehicle in the decade that I have been at my dealer.

If you come in with a blown engine and a larger turbo, then yes, kindly **** off. Moisture in your headlights after they have been taken apart and painted? Have a nice day. Suspension noise or a blown strut on lowering springs? There's the door. Other than that or similar scenarios, it is unlikely that you will have an issue.

This particular recall pays for 0.5 hours of my time. It is not to my benefit, nor anyone else's to try and **** you over on your dealer visit. It won't make me any more money now or later, therefore unless it affects my job, I don't care.

Although if you have a lowered car and I have to rack it on the lift, I hate you.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Voiding warranties is not as simple as some here are making it sound. EVEN IF a dealer decided to be a COMPLETE asshole and comb a car for modifications while in for something completely unrelated to what the car is currently there for, it requires lots of paperwork, corporate approval, etc. I don't think we have ever "pre-flagged" a vehicle in the decade that I have been at my dealer.

If you come in with a blown engine and a larger turbo, then yes, kindly **** off. Moisture in your headlights after they have been taken apart and painted? Have a nice day. Suspension noise or a blown strut on lowering springs? There's the door. Other than that or similar scenarios, it is unlikely that you will have an issue.

This particular recall pays for 0.5 hours of my time. It is not to my benefit, nor anyone else's to try and **** you over on your dealer visit. It won't make me any more money now or later, therefore unless it affects my job, I don't care.

Although if you have a lowered car and I have to rack it on the lift, I hate you.
Holy hell thank you for putting this into a rational explanation!

This is exactly what I've been told by my dealer and people with modded cars. It's just logical thinking, especially from a business standpoint.

81 - 100 of 161 Posts