Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Voiding warranties is not as simple as some here are making it sound. EVEN IF a dealer decided to be a COMPLETE asshole and comb a car for modifications while in for something completely unrelated to what the car is currently there for, it requires lots of paperwork, corporate approval, etc. I don't think we have ever "pre-flagged" a vehicle in the decade that I have been at my dealer.

If you come in with a blown engine and a larger turbo, then yes, kindly **** off. Moisture in your headlights after they have been taken apart and painted? Have a nice day. Suspension noise or a blown strut on lowering springs? There's the door. Other than that or similar scenarios, it is unlikely that you will have an issue.

This particular recall pays for 0.5 hours of my time. It is not to my benefit, nor anyone else's to try and **** you over on your dealer visit. It won't make me any more money now or later, therefore unless it affects my job, I don't care.

Although if you have a lowered car and I have to rack it on the lift, I hate you.
Best post I've read all day. :bigthumbup:

Just got my recall letter today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a 3.8 automatic track, 2013 and I noticed my back diff going out as I was drifting it. I thought the track pack came with it modified so it wouldn't have issues. Anyone know about this? Although I might not have a manual, it seems I'm having the same problem

·
Registered
403 Posts
went back to the dealer today and have a Wed appointment.... Dropping it off Tuesday night, they are giving me a loaner for Wed and they will be doing an alignment as well, not that it's really needed but new tires so what the H.

TJ

·
Registered
239 Posts
I took mine in today for the recall work, While I was there, I had them look at a piece of trim on the driver door that is discolored, and finally asked them about the driver seat I have had issues with.

1. the leather bolster on the left side of seat was worn from me getting in and out of the car
2. the seat back about a year ago I felt something break while driving internal to the seat back, been moving around a bit since

I figured due to me being a large guy they would just blame it on the BFFF (Big Fat Fuc*er Factor) but they didn't, instead they ordered a new seat for me, quite frankly that surprised me. I had already contacted an upholstery shop and got an estimate to fix it myself but figured I might as well ask while I was in there..... So in 10 days I go back to get the trim and seat installed. Can't complain about that!

This whole situation had me a bit uncomfortable since I handle all my own car maintenance at home so I was worried about how they would see things since I don't frequent the service department other than the occasional parts run.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got my letter as well. However I don't drive the GC in winter, so I'll get it done once I start driving it in spring time. Along with an oil change and the leather cracking on the wheel hopefully fixed.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Voiding warranties is not as simple as some here are making it sound. EVEN IF a dealer decided to be a COMPLETE asshole and comb a car for modifications while in for something completely unrelated to what the car is currently there for, it requires lots of paperwork, corporate approval, etc. I don't think we have ever "pre-flagged" a vehicle in the decade that I have been at my dealer.

If you come in with a blown engine and a larger turbo, then yes, kindly **** off. Moisture in your headlights after they have been taken apart and painted? Have a nice day. Suspension noise or a blown strut on lowering springs? There's the door. Other than that or similar scenarios, it is unlikely that you will have an issue.

This particular recall pays for 0.5 hours of my time. It is not to my benefit, nor anyone else's to try and **** you over on your dealer visit. It won't make me any more money now or later, therefore unless it affects my job, I don't care.

Although if you have a lowered car and I have to rack it on the lift, I hate you.
You the real MVP.

·
Need more power !
759 Posts
I setup my appointment for next week to line up with my oil change. I hope it's a quick fix because I am taking the morning off of work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had mine done last week. Took them about an hour to inspect & replace them with the new specifcation bolts. Everything else checked out good. I also did have that thump noise occasionally, but after the bolt change I haven't noticed it. Keeping my fingers crossed! But I still do get a banging noise from my left exhaust pipe hitting the differential, its a Stillen exhaust, it's only got about a 1/4 inch clearance. I just need to see if I can reposition it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Got my letter too finally, Ill have to schedule the appt soon.

Need to also have the fuel filler looked at (cant pump at full speed without the pump clicking off) while its in there.

·
2013 3.8 Track 6spd
22 Posts
I just had the recall done yesterday. They claimed it would take an hour but I left it for the day anyway. I've driven 100 miles since and don't notice a difference. They only had to replace the bolts on mine.

I took mine in today for the recall work, While I was there, I had them look at a piece of trim on the driver door that is discolored...
You mean the frosty silver trim piece on the handle section inside the door? The plastic film on mine was separating. They replaced it under warranty. They even had it in stock.. so mhm, I wasn't the only one I bet. I'm a 2013. I noticed the same colored trim around the cup holders is peeling :-(

·
Registered
239 Posts
I was referring to the black rubber like strip running along the bottom of the driver side door glass along the outside, it's fading and discolored, no longer completely black. The same piece on the passenger side is fine.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I was referring to the black rubber like strip running along the bottom of the driver side door glass along the outside, it's fading and discolored, no longer completely black. The same piece on the passenger side is fine.
So did they say they will replace the window trim for u????? I'm taking mine in next week and was gonna ask the same crap as u with some other stuff;
Window rubber trim
Seat bolster leather
Recall
Door rattle (driver side interior)
Headlight condensation (driver side)
And paint correction cuz I bought a CPO and they did a terrible buff job ha-ha
Other than that everything is good ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

Hey @wars86... Since u look like u have first hand experience with this stuff, thought I'd ask u. In your opinion, if I came in with the following list all at once asking for possible warranty coverage (not demanding, just bringing it in with a list while they are doing the recall ), would your dealership be up for fixing all of it?
Bought a 2013 black 3.8 rspec CPO with 18,000miles (2nd owner). Now has 25,000+ miles
1.Window rubber trim all around
2.Seat bolster leather driver side
3.Recall for rear diff (main reason bringing it in)
4.Door rattle (driver side interior)
5.Headlight condensation (driver side) sold me the car with a XS HID installed btw
6.paint correction cuz I bought a CPO and they did a terrible buff job ha-ha
7.heat shield rattle exhaust driver side (I do have a custom welded cat back)
8.steering wheel leather scarring/peeling
9.parking brake adjust
10. Pressure ding on bumper near front of hood (noticed it after like a week)

Or would this just pi$$ u off ha-ha..... Hoping to get alittle feedback/advise before I just flop a list in front of them at the dealer ;) thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hyundai of Wesley Chapel, FL. In and out 30 mins! The tech said he has never seen or heard of anyone who's had the actual problem. The fix is easy, remove 3 bolts, replace them with 3 new bolts with locktite and torque to 120.
Is the problem with the bolts themselves or how well they were tightened? My car had the clunking (which I assume was from the diff shifting when moving back and forth from fwd to reverse) when I drove it off the lot. After reading up about it here, I tightened those bolts myself. Clunking went away. I'm wondering if the recall work is even needed if the bolts are already tightened. Seems like they're just replacing the old bolts with same but pre-prepped and then tightening to spec.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Seems like they're just replacing the old bolts with same but pre-prepped and then tightening to spec.
I read the PDF of the TSB and came to the same conclusion. Measure rear diff cover to make sure it's not damaged. If it's damaged, replace it with a new one (unchanged part). Replace the rear diff mounting bolts with a new part that has thread locker pre-applied. The slightly changed torque spec is likely a consequence of the coated bolts changing the rotational force required to get the same amount of stretch out of the bolt. The thread locker keeps them from backing out over time.

Interesting that this applies only to M/Ts and 2013+. The part numbers for the bolts are the same for all years and transmissions. I haven't had any issues with mine loosening on my 2012 V6 Track, but I may pick up the new bolts from the dealer parts department and replace them myself just so I can sleep better at night.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday, have not driven it enough to give it a real workout but seemed a little tighter. May be for other reasons though, i had a pop in tne front end and was told a collar was loose on one of the coilovers and it was replaced along with the windshield (2nd since [email protected]#@#%), the recall and an alignment. They even gave me a Turbo Tucson for a loaner!
Quite happy with the service...

TJ

·
Registered
141 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday, have not driven it enough to give it a real workout but seemed a little tighter. May be for other reasons though, i had a pop in tne front end and was told a collar was loose on one of the coilovers and it was replaced along with the windshield (2nd since [email protected]#@#%), the recall and an alignment. They even gave me a Turbo Tucson for a loaner!
Quite happy with the service...

TJ
Sorry to thread jack

How did the turbo Tucson drive....I seen from the numbers it seemed like a detuned bk2 theta. 263 hp I think. Did it feel quick? I understand it weighs significantly more but my wife is going to be looking into a another crossover in a couple of years and I thought of the 2.0 Tuscan because of the Hyundai warranty and because it's a platform I'm already familiar with.

If I got one I'd throw an intake....hks bov and a tune in it. Momma be like....whoa!!! Lol

With a tune I'll have them up launch boost to 12 psi and do some awd launches!!!! Haha

101 - 120 of 161 Posts