Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Is the problem with the bolts themselves or how well they were tightened? My car had the clunking (which I assume was from the diff shifting when moving back and forth from fwd to reverse) when I drove it off the lot. After reading up about it here, I tightened those bolts myself. Clunking went away. I'm wondering if the recall work is even needed if the bolts are already tightened. Seems like they're just replacing the old bolts with same but pre-prepped and then tightening to spec.
The tech said mine looked fine and he has yet to see a bad one. I think Hyundai is just being overly cautious and replacing ALL of these bolts on every car since 3 bolts is such a cheap fix. That said, in your case, it's a good thing you tightened those bolts yourself! If I was you I'd go get the recall done ASAP because those loose bolts may have been sheared and weakened.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey @wars86... Since u look like u have first hand experience with this stuff, thought I'd ask u. In your opinion, if I came in with the following list all at once asking for possible warranty coverage (not demanding, just bringing it in with a list while they are doing the recall ), would your dealership be up for fixing all of it?
Bought a 2013 black 3.8 rspec CPO with 18,000miles (2nd owner). Now has 25,000+ miles
1.Window rubber trim all around
2.Seat bolster leather driver side
3.Recall for rear diff (main reason bringing it in)
4.Door rattle (driver side interior)
5.Headlight condensation (driver side) sold me the car with a XS HID installed btw
6.paint correction cuz I bought a CPO and they did a terrible buff job ha-ha
7.heat shield rattle exhaust driver side (I do have a custom welded cat back)
8.steering wheel leather scarring/peeling
9.parking brake adjust
10. Pressure ding on bumper near front of hood (noticed it after like a week)

Or would this just pi$$ u off ha-ha..... Hoping to get alittle feedback/advise before I just flop a list in front of them at the dealer ;) thanks!!!!!
Well, let's just say you wouldn't be making any friends in the service department. lol. About half of that would most likely get fixed under warranty. Numbers 1-4 would likely get covered. Most of the remainder would probably not be for one reason or another. But you never know.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Lol that's what I thought...... I think I will just cut it down to the main stuff (meat and potatos) for now haha..... Door rattle, recall.... Thanks for the honest opinion ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sorry to thread jack

How did the turbo Tucson drive....I seen from the numbers it seemed like a detuned bk2 theta. 263 hp I think. Did it feel quick? I understand it weighs significantly more but my wife is going to be looking into a another crossover in a couple of years and I thought of the 2.0 Tuscan because of the Hyundai warranty and because it's a platform I'm already familiar with.

If I got one I'd throw an intake....hks bov and a tune in it. Momma be like....whoa!!! Lol

With a tune I'll have them up launch boost to 12 psi and do some awd launches!!!! Haha

The Tucson was nice enough, drove well (if you like front wheel drive) and had more than adequate power. Had less turbo lag than the 2011 Equinox we just got rid of, oh wait, the equinox did not have a turbo! Seriously, the Tucson had power delivery that was quite linear and more than I expected for a 1.6. Nice ride just not my style but I could see it being quite the sleeper.

TJ

·
Registered
141 Posts
The Tucson was nice enough, drove well (if you like front wheel drive) and had more than adequate power. Had less turbo lag than the 2011 Equinox we just got rid of, oh wait, the equinox did not have a turbo! Seriously, the Tucson had power delivery that was quite linear and more than I expected for a 1.6. Nice ride just not my style but I could see it being quite the sleeper.

TJ

Ok. I guess I was confused. I forgot the Tuscan gets the 1.6 tgdi from the VT and the Santa Fe gets the 2.0t. And yes the Americans have some catching up to do. Most SUVs with turbos come from non American automakers. I can see how an Equinox even with the v6 is less fun than a turbo. That low end torque really helps with a heavier vehicle.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
At dealer getting the recall done........ I am hearing a lot of revving going on back there ;) lol

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Got 'er done, just had to replace the bolts.... Don't notice anything different, other than slightly less "driveline lash/slop".... maybe over a few days will notice something different. But to me just swapping bolts isn't gonna do much. But atleast I passed the inspection and they didnt need to dig any deeper.... Dealer said nothing about my exhaust/intake so thats cool, just heard them revving it all over the place while it was in the back getting worked on LOL. Sounds so much better from the outside too :)

·
Blue By You
325 Posts
When I brought mine in, the dealership's service department (not the best on the planet) neglected to clear away the warning notice for the recall.
I couldn't tell that right away, but the next day the notice had returned. I hit the Blue Link button, eventually got a response. They tried to clear it but failed.
Back to the dealership.

·
Registered
86 Posts
When I brought mine in, the dealership's service department (not the best on the planet) neglected to clear away the warning notice for the recall.
I couldn't tell that right away, but the next day the notice had returned. I hit the Blue Link button, eventually got a response. They tried to clear it but failed.
Back to the dealership.
This may not work, but try hitting the blue link button and saying "blue link service complete". You should get a message saying to leave the engine running for 2 minutes to register service completion."

·
Registered
102 Posts
Took mine in shortly after the new year, was in there about 30 minutes when the service lady came over to me and told me we didn't have the bolts, and they would contact me to come back.

FF to today. I called in and talked to the head of the service dept., according to him Tennessee will not see the recall go active until March 17. &*%$^%

I've had it parked for a month, I was hearing clunking and decided to wait for the recall work before driving again. Now I have to wait even longer, I'm driving it til the wheels fall off now, or rather the whole rear assembly, F it :smile:

Anyone else in TN dealing with this? I'd love to call BS on these guys.

·
Concentrated Awesome
811 Posts
Took mine in shortly after the new year, was in there about 30 minutes when the service lady came over to me and told me we didn't have the bolts, and they would contact me to come back.

FF to today. I called in and talked to the head of the service dept., according to him Tennessee will not see the recall go active until March 17. &*%$^%

I've had it parked for a month, I was hearing clunking and decided to wait for the recall work before driving again. Now I have to wait even longer, I'm driving it til the wheels fall off now, or rather the whole rear assembly, F it :smile:

That's ****ed up....
So you had a scheduled appt, waited 30 min and THEN they tell you they don't have the parts? I'd be livid.
I'm glad my recall went smooth... in and out in under and hour (included inspection). They said I didn't need it but replaced the bolts anyway.
Good luck man.

·
Registered
64 Posts

I live in Chattanooga and had the recall done a week ago with no issues. I sent you a PM, so if you need any information to call out their crap, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks guys, yeah I figured it was some lame excuse, this is an "outskirts" dealership in Nashville, I was hoping that would be beneficial in re to my mods. They didn't mind the mods, atleast they were complimenting me on the car. Guess I'll head up there after work and give them one more chance before going to one of the big dealerships.

I hate dealerships.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The dealership I went to also said "you didn't need the bolts replaced", which I know wasn't true because of the clunking my coupe had from day one.
I don't know why they say this like it's going to make us feel better about it or something.

·
Genesis OG
2,625 Posts

I'm in Nashville too. Which did you go to??? I need one that can get my low ass car up lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hallmark. I'm going back there tomorrow morning to tell them I'm going to Downtown and they can pee up a rope.

·
Registered
86 Posts

They may have run out of bolts, but the "not active until march 17" is a load of BS. They don't release recalls by state. They may send owner letters out at different times, but you won't have to wait for a letter. Tell them that you want your recall performed or you will call Hyundai Consumer Affairs. I imagine they will snap to it rather quickly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The dealership I went to also said "you didn't need the bolts replaced", which I know wasn't true because of the clunking my coupe had from day one.
I don't know why they say this like it's going to make us feel better about it or something.

If your car is under the recall, the bolts get replaced NO MATTER WHAT. The only possibility is that you would need bolts AND a differential cover, but I have yet to replace one.

121 - 140 of 161 Posts