Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks, I owned my 2015 Genesis Coupe 3.8 base for five months. Monday morning, I lost it. The claims adjuster told me yesterday that he had spent more than two hours on it and he still wasn't through calculating the repair costs. He was already over $11K.

I have loved this car more than any other vehicle I have ever owned in my entire life.

I had put an aftermarket Kenwood double DIN head unit in with a car DVR built in & backup camera. I dropped about $2400 on wheels and tires three weeks ago. I had it tinted a nice dark shade. I added a throttle control device.

Their going to allow me to pull all the aftermarket interior items out but we are still negotiating over the wheels and tires.

I am car shopping now. Hopefully Progressive can settle the payoff with my credit union and allow me to buy another.

I'm looking for a 2013+ 3.8 Ultimate in Gray.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A few years ago, my wife rear-ended a GMC 2500 series truck with our F150 (the 3 cars in front of the GMC were also involved) and the repair costs for our truck came out over 12k (for an 8-9 year old truck). We thought it would be totaled, but they said as long as it doesn't exceed 80% of the value, they will fix it.

Good luck with yours or finding your new ride.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Most insurance companies will total well below the 80% threshold these days. The reason is that the salvage market is hot and values are quite high. So even though they lose money either way, they generally “lose less” because they’re able to recoup some of the loss through the salvage auction.

Do yourself a favor and find yourself some comparable models for sale in your market. “Market value” is the standard, so if they low ball you on a settlement, you’ll want to have documentation as to what your car is worth in the retail market in your area. You’re not required to just accept their offer. It’s a negotiation, but they won’t tell you that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you much for the heads up.
I sent all my receipts for the wheels, tires, stereo and cameras in the car to my claims adjuster. That should increase the value of my payout. They did allow me to grab all my tools, cellphone mount, Throttle thing, and everything else out of the car.

Tomorrow morning, I'm flying out to purchase the same model year and same color Genesis Coupe Ultimate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may help ??

Sorry friend that sucks , i have a red mint condition 3.8 showroom condition i dont drive much dark tint now ware at all inside black chrome pipes , injen cold air intake original mats never used have the all weather on them . put the nice spoiler on it lit up one cool graphics i think and only 10k . new tires orig rims cause i didnt know if i was going to keep it or sell it but i have a bad knee and if i do to many stops i can feel it .. so i am in Fl and my name is michele . let me know if you are interested i am asking 24,499 it has the tire protection left on it for another year and the warrentee bumper to bumper for another year and a half . you can reach me at mish five 22 at verizon dot net i had to right it out that way but it s
522.net ok..

·
Premium Member
14,833 Posts
Sorry friend that sucks , i have a red mint condition 3.8 showroom condition i dont drive much dark tint now ware at all inside black chrome pipes , injen cold air intake original mats never used have the all weather on them . put the nice spoiler on it lit up one cool graphics i think and only 10k . new tires orig rims cause i didnt know if i was going to keep it or sell it but i have a bad knee and if i do to many stops i can feel it .. so i am in Fl and my name is michele . let me know if you are interested i am asking 24,499 it has the tire protection left on it for another year and the warrentee bumper to bumper for another year and a half . you can reach me at mish five 22 at verizon dot net i had to right it out that way but it s
522.net ok..
factory warranty is only transferable to second owner for 5 years/60k miles from when it was originally sold.

·
Registered
371 Posts
factory warranty is only transferable to second owner for 5 years/60k miles from when it was originally sold.

Unless it’s sold as Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) through a dealer. Then normal warranty applies as new.

Private sale does not qualify, as you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
14,833 Posts
Unless it’s sold as Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) through a dealer. Then normal warranty applies as new.

Private sale does not qualify, as you mentioned.
then it would be the "third owner" as the dealership would be the second owner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts