Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 3.8 grand touring automatic, I was having problems with the check engine light about a week ago, so i take it to auto-zone for a free light check and i get a P0442 code (small EVAP leak) so im like oh what part should i change, they said the purge valve i said ok i buy it and get it fixed and the check engine light goes away. The next day, it popped back up so i take it back to auto-zone for another test and now i have 7 codes! im like oh sh*t so it says im have misfires so that means that maybe i should change my spark plugs so i do just that, (i also changed 2 ignition coils on the cylinders that were giving me problems, my battery which was low, and did an oil change). The next day it pops up again now worse, constant misfires im 17 btw so im sh*tting bricks cause im not a mechanic but i have some knowledge about cars so i know this isnt a good sign. So i ask my dad for a loan so i could take it to Hyundai thinking maybe it was a fuel injector or something. it wasn't they called me today with the diagnostic that my fourth cylinder has a compression of 30 out of 150 so i just about start to tear up and say ok ill call you back to see what im gonna do next.

I really want a v8 with some noticeable power difference like maybe 75+ hp than the normal bk1 has. (thinking ls2-ls3? or a truck block ls)

P.S. I've also noticed that i ran rich (i could smell fuel from the car heavily) i dont know if maybe this has something to do about it but i thought that i put it out there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts