Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,793 Posts
Very nice, love the white. Yes 10 year old tires should probably be replaced. The stock wheels look nice, (to my eye) but are somewhat narrow and very heavy. I went with ESR RF2's in 19X8.5 +30 front with Firehawk's in 245 35 19, and 19X9.5 +35, with 265 35 19 rears. They fit perfectly for my taste, (not quite flush but close) no spacers and no rub.
Welcome and keep us posted on your progress.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

· Registered
1,793 Posts
It will work with the stock struts, but they won't last long or ride particularly well due to the internals not operating in their designed locations.
Bilstin B8 are designed specifically for lowering springs and are of excellent quality.
B6's would be for stock ride hight.

· Registered
1,793 Posts
Personally I think the Eibach springs and Bilstin B8 struts are a great choice, quality stuff and no adjustments to mess up for a good performing daily driver.
If you said you were going club racing or somthing I would suggest somthing with adjustments so you could corner balance the car but for a daily I think it's more of a hindrance than a help. Again just my humble opinion.
I'd hang on to the springs until you can get the struts or if you don't mind double labor install them and switch out the struts when you can.

· Registered
1,793 Posts
With the springs mounted, 2cm front and 1 cm back. I dont know with you guys but I think it looks way better.
Comfort: Slightly less good as stock, still better than my previous car Hyunday Veloster, so I will be fine.
Handeling, I dont know, its a subjective think from me, but I have a feeling that the car is less tail happy now.

First thing I did when I bought the car was taking it straight to a proffesional car cleaner and they did rust treatment and waxing.

View attachment 78821
It looks very nice and I love the white. It makes me tempted to do the same to mine but as I get older it's difficult enough for me to get in and out of a already low sports coup.

· Registered
1,793 Posts
Please leave suggestions for what CAI I should order.
Everything I've read on this forum says on the BK2 3.8 the stock set up provides the best performance by not allowing hot underhood air into the engine, retarding timing, and reducing power. It may not look fancy but it does work.
There was one true C.A.I. made for the BK1 3.8 but I've read is dosent fit the BK2, at least not without modification. You could make your own custom true C.A.I. but everyone I've seen places the air intake low and close to the road where it's prone to water injestion. Personally with this information I just stick with the stock intake but that's just me.

· Registered
1,793 Posts
I get most of my "consumables" from Auto Zone, (batteries, brake pads, etc) due to their excellent warranty (lifetime on brake pads), and that where I'm at there's almost one on every corner and some are open 24-7. I don't know if you have a equivalent where your at.
Amazon's great too. Ive heard Stop Tech and Hawk make some quality brake pads and I'm sure a quick search would reviel some quality batteries too. I've read that at least here in the states there's really only two actual battery manufacturers, Johnson Controls and Exide and they just private label for other brands. Johnson Controls are supposed to be the better of the two.
You might consider buying/using a memory saver when changing out the battery. It's not absolutely necessary but I had a heck of a time several years ago when I changed my battery without one right before my registration/smog test was due as it took about a weeks worth of driving on expired registration before the car went through enough cycles to get back to "ready" status and could be tested, it cost me $35.00 for the first test to find this out.

· Registered
1,793 Posts
@lvdukerider
What is test-pipes?
Pros and Cons?
Legal? As in not removing catalytic converters

I am planning to do D-Toz in spring, is there something you can recommend doing?
"Test pipes" replace the catalytic converters for "testing purposes". I'm not familiar with the laws in your country but it's illegal (Federal and local),to tamper or remove emissions equipment on vehicles here in the U.S.A. How strictly this is enforced varies greatly from state to state and even from county to county, (some rural areas do not require emissions tests or inspections). Where I live I have to get a inspection Annually so it's not worth the headache to me and from what I've read the modern cats don't really restrict exhaust flow to any significant extent. Most seem to go with test pipes for a different sound. I run a Borla CatBak exhaust which is still legal where I live.
On a side note converter theft is a big problem where I live, mostly key start Hyundai's and Kia's which are getting stolen left and right just for the recycling value of their converters.

· Registered
1,793 Posts
So guys I was thinking...

I might have one of the lowest mileage Bk2 3.8 2013 out there in the world, 28,000 miles.
Pristine condition EU version, that I have put money into reconditioning and upgrading.

I have had 5 people already at the street coming and want to talk about my car.

Do you think in a decade, this car might become a classic? Or two?
Or will we all be driving electric cars?

I drive less than 3000 miles a year with the car
Speedometer Plant Odometer Trip computer Gauge

I think I've got you beat.🤣.
It's really hard to say but anything is possible. I follow Mecham and Barrett-Jackson auto auctions, (Mecham's was just here Friday/Saturday), I'm going to have quite the chuckle the day I see my first Hyundai/Kia come across the block but then again I wouldn't be completely surprised either.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts