Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
It will work with the stock struts, but they won't last long or ride particularly well due to the internals not operating in their designed locations.
Bilstin B8 are designed specifically for lowering springs and are of excellent quality.
B6's would be for stock ride hight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
yes I am blue to this, and I am grateful for your help. I was just looking at those dampers and they are 200 USD each.... And that is nothing I have planned for, also I saw this full complete racing set for a Genesis at 1200 USD and that is what I will exceed if I buy those dampers.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Personally I think the Eibach springs and Bilstin B8 struts are a great choice, quality stuff and no adjustments to mess up for a good performing daily driver.
If you said you were going club racing or somthing I would suggest somthing with adjustments so you could corner balance the car but for a daily I think it's more of a hindrance than a help. Again just my humble opinion.
I'd hang on to the springs until you can get the struts or if you don't mind double labor install them and switch out the struts when you can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok update, Front wheels are not fitting, they hit the coilover struts. But its just with a few mm. However that is when the car is in the air with the stock suspension fully extended.

With weigh on wheels, the wheels should fit and clear the coilover right? This would be correct if the front wheel suspension is in an angle, which I think they are, but are they; with weight on wheels?

Now, I agree this is not ideal, if say I get airtime in my car, the wheels would hit the struts or what its called. But if the goal is to do airtime with the car, I might as well destroy it in many other ways.

Finally if the front end suspension is angled with weigh on wheels, and I fit the lowering springs 20mm front and 10mm back. This should be enough even for the airtime situation.

Spacers is not a good option, since its bolts and that means we will loose threads and they were really against that.

I am going to go to the garage and have the springs fitted. I think I am right, I hope so, because there is no refund of the wheels :LOL:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank you LV.

I talked to the wheel shop, really skilled guy with tons of knowledge, he suggest that I lower the car, try with 15 and 20mm spacers to see what makes it flushed.

Then they will machine the parts for exact fit and we order tires.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts