Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Tomorrow is the last attempt to fit the wheels with, dedicated bolts (or what you call them) 3mm spacers, and o-rings.
Ok! update! 3mm spacers hit the break pads! omg...
So we refitted the 5mm spacers and that clears it, now we used the dedicated nuts and initially it seems like there is not enough thread. But I asked the guy, how many full 360 rotations of the nutt you can do. 7.

So I called up the wheel shop, and I believe they know what they are talking about, anyhow, they actually asked how many rotations we managed, and I said 7, to them that is enough, they said 5 rotations is enough or minimum.

I am guessing but one rotation = 1mm? give or take, so 7mm thread. What do you guys think? or belive or know or have had experience with?

At worst I could change the hub studs (I have no clue what they are called) and extend them with another 5mm. What do you guys think?

And we fitted for the first time the wheels on the back 10x20 and wow... this is going to look amazing, perfectly flushed, protruding maybe 2mm, but its legal.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I found a good tire calculator and instead of waitinf for this tyre garage (not great service) I decided to go on the market and order tires myself. Remember the front wheels are protruding about 5mm.

Ordered:

Continental SportContact 7 275/30 ZR20 (97Y) XLRear
Continental SportContact 7 235/30 ZR20 (88Y) XLFront

Registered
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I am having discussions with Solo Performance about buying a Cat Back from them, if you guys have second thoughts about this, please tell me now.
FYI I have asked them to do an extra QA of the parts before sending it to Sweden.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
This is turning out to become my build thread, anyhow I had a good talk with the good people at Solo Performance.
So I am going to order a cat-back when some details are cleared out with my bank

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Alright! Huge update, the Continental SportContact 7 are in Stockholm and they are going to be delivered tomorrow at the garage. So I will make them a visit after already informing them that delivery is tomorrow.
Hopefully we will see the car on new wheels and tires tomorrow with pictures to share here!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Ok! So update, Not going to order the Solo Performance cat-back just yet, because my GF wants to start with manicure and pedicure, so I will have to pay for her education and travel expenses. But I told the good folks at Solo Performance that I will be back in Spring and order the cat-back.
Tires! Still not arrived at the Garage...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hey, those look great, they fill the wheel wells up nicely. So glad you got them to fit.馃憤
I am so happy we finally managed to pull this trough. And I cant stop looking at the car now. Even the wheel shop guys were exited, good guys. The manager and his idea of stock wheels... we ignored him. Thank god, or else I would have had some **** tires now.

The wheel clears the brakepads with no more than 1mm to spare in the front.
Now looking at the fronts I could have ordered 245s, but that is just small details.

Good I had the eibach lowering springs, or else these would not have looked good, I recon another 1cm front and back would be perfect. But I am going to leave it at what it is now, in September I need to bring the car in for a quality service and probably get a new battery for the winter. So maintenance is the next priority

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I just ordered the cat-back from Solo Performance
I cant live without it.
Shipping cost 300 USD... and that is a good price from the good and honest people in Solo Performance.
AND! They will do a free of charge, extra inspection of the parts before sending me it to Sweden. Great guys, 5/5 from me.
I am happy! :D

Registered
Please leave suggestions for what CAI I should order.
Everything I've read on this forum says on the BK2 3.8 the stock set up provides the best performance by not allowing hot underhood air into the engine, retarding timing, and reducing power. It may not look fancy but it does work.
There was one true C.A.I. made for the BK1 3.8 but I've read is dosent fit the BK2, at least not without modification. You could make your own custom true C.A.I. but everyone I've seen places the air intake low and close to the road where it's prone to water injestion. Personally with this information I just stick with the stock intake but that's just me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Everything I've read on this forum says on the BK2 3.8 the stock set up provides the best performance by not allowing hot underhood air into the engine, retarding timing, and reducing power. It may not look fancy but it does work.
There was one true C.A.I. made for the BK1 3.8 but I've read is dosent fit the BK2, at least not without modification. You could make your own custom true C.A.I. but everyone I've seen places the air intake low and close to the road where it's prone to water injestion. Personally with this information I just stick with the stock intake but that's just me.
Thank you boss, I will stick the stock intake. I have heard those things too.
I will make some Stockholm snow drifting videos just for you lvdukerider

41 - 59 of 59 Posts